Disaster Report: Contains Daily list Of Recent Natural Disasters Around The World With Detail Update Report.
Want To Share!! Let Us Know
Fill this Disaster form or write in comment section below
Follow Disaster Report @ facebook (Disaster Report), twitter (Disaster_Update) and Google +(Disaster report)
Keep This Page Open Or Visit Later To Get Update Report
Recent Natural Disasters List
Recent World Disasters
- Landslide in Brazil
-Death toll due to landslide in Brazil has risen to 33
-More bodies were found in Rio de Janeiro state's northern Sapucaia municipality
-Due to heavy flooding thousands of people are evacuated from southeastern states of Rio de Janeiro, Espirito Santo and Minas Gerais. The video of landslide in Brazil aside shows Rescue workers pulling out dead bodies from the spot
- M 5.7 very strong earthquake in Honshu, Japan (@ 9 km depth) with epicenter located just 22 km ESE of Iwaki, Honshu, Japan. About 78,000 people will have felt very strong shaking of MMI VII. Iwaki region which is close having population approx. 357,000 will have felt strong shaking of MMI VI. NO TSUNAMI ALERT
- Tornado in western North Carolinain
-15 people injured and 60 buildings destroyed
-According to the Red Cross, 56 homes damaged, with nine of them being completely destroyed by the storm. Five other homes had major damage
-Limited state of emergency for portions of Burke County, including Icard and Hildebran
-Final tornado warnings canceled by 6:40 p.m
Recent Felt Earthquakes
Did You Feel It!! Let others Know> Click here
|Pager Map; USGS|
- M 5.7 very strong earthquake in Honshu, Japan with epicenter located just 22 km ESE of Iwaki, Honshu, Japan. About 78,000 people will have felt very strong shaking of MMI VII. Iwaki region which is close having population approx. 357,000 will have felt strong shaking of MMI VI. Moderate shaking of MMI V will have felt in Kitaibaraki, Takahagi, Namie, Ishikawa and Hitachi region of Japan. It will be well felt in capital Tokyo too. NO TSUNAMI ALERT
JMA mentions M 5.8 @ 20 km depth in Fukushima-ken Oki region. MMI IV for some parts of Fukushima and Ibaraki
EMSC Felt Reports
Narita: second quake that I felt today. Both felt like a jerking rolling motion. This one much stronger than the first. Actually got up and went to the door of the hotel room and was prepared to leave the room for safety. Been through many quakes but this reminded me of the build up to the march quake near Fukushima.
Chiyoda: Office building 18th floor. Light shaking of the building
M 5.2 earthquake again in Honshu, Japan after 2 hours with epicenter located 145 km E from Sendai, Honshu, Japan
03:20 UTC (local time Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM @ epicenter)
- M 4.6 shallow moderate aftershocks in Christchurch, New Zealand (@ 15 km depth). It will have moderately felt in Waikuku, Rangiora and Christchurch city of Canterbury region. It is the same region where earlier M 5.9 extremely dangerous very shallow earthquake stuck in December 2011 (@ earthquake in Christchurch)
07:56 UTC (local time Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 08:56 PM @ epicenter)
- M 4.4 earthquake @ 56 km depth in Rosa zárate, Ecuador. Weak shaking will have felt in Esmeraldas region. People of Santo Domingo de los Colorados, Ecuador will have felt it faintly
06:59 UTC (local time Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 01:59 AM @ epicenter)
- M 4.3 shallow earthquake in Lake Baykal Region, Russia (Respublika Buryatiya, Russia). It will have well felt in Babushkin region and weakly in Selenginsk region. The populated area Ulan-ude is 100 km far where it will have faintly felt
04:45 UTC (local time 12:45; 2012/1/12 @ epicenter)
- M 5.0 moderate shallow earthquake in Mindanao, Philippines (@ 17 km depth) with epicenter located 47 km WNW from Hinatuan, Mindanao, Philippines. People of Causwagan and Talacogon will have felt moderate shaking. It is less populated area. The nearest populated area is Butuan with population 250,353 located 66 km far!
00:19 UTC (local time Thursday, January 12, 2012 at 08:19 AM @ epicenter)
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Smithsonian / USGS Weekly Volcanic Activity Report (New Activity/Unrest)
- Sicily / Etna Recent Volcanic Activity: Sezione di Catania - Osservatorio Etneo reported that on the night of 4 January the New SE Crater (New SEC) of Etna entered another paroxysmal eruption episode after about 50 days of quiescence. Several hours of Strombolian activity were observed on the SE and NE slopes starting at 2230 on 4 January. This activity continued into the early morning of 5 January when (around 0200) a small lava flow spread out into several branches at the SE base of the cone. Strombolian activity increased around 0400, generating lava fountains, from several vents within the crater that rose 100-150 m above the crater
- Colombia / Galeras Recent Volcanic Activity: INGEOMINAS reported that low-level activity continued at Galeras during 4-10 January, with steam rising from the main crater and two craters to the N and SW (Paisita and Chavas, respectively). The Alert Level remained at III (Yellow; "changes in the behavior of volcanic activity")
- Lomblen Islands (Indonesia) / Lewo Tolo: According to news articles, 500 people have evacuated their homes on 6 January because of increased activity at Lewotolo. Black smoke rose from the crater and rumbling sounds were reported. On 2 January CVGHM raised the Alert Level from 2 to 3 (on a scale of 1-4)
- Northern Chile / Lascar: OVDAS-SERNAGEOMIN reported increased seismicity at Láscar on 5 January and raised the Alert Level from Green to Yellow. On 8 January ONEMI authorities warned residents about the new Alert Level status and restricted residents from going within a 20-km radius of the volcano
- Democratic Republic Of Congo / Nyamuragira: Satellite imagery acquired on 3 January from the Advanced Land Imager (ALI) on NASA's EO-1 satellite showed an active lava flow to the NE of the central vent over the fissure located 11-12 km ENE of Nyamuragira's main crater. A sulfur dioxide-rich plume was also detected
- Ecuador / Reven Tador: IG reported that staff conducting fieldwork at Reventador during 6-7 January observed constant emissions of gas-and-steam rising about 300 m above the crater and drifting WNW. The emissions originated from a growing lava dome that was a few tens of meters above the crater rim and almost filled the base
- Ecuador/Sangay: Based on information from Guayaquil MWO and a pilot report, a possible ash plume from Sangay was reported on 8 January. Ash was not detected in partly-cloudy satellite imagery
- Ecuador / Tungurahua Recent Volcanic Activity: IG reported a decrease in activity from Tungurahua during 4-10 January. On 4 January steam plumes rose as high as 500 m above the crater and drifted W. Additional steam plumes observed on 8 January also drifted W
- Yemen / Zubair Group: A satellite image acquired on 7 January showed the newly-formed island in the northern part of the Zubair Group. The island had grown to about 530 x 710 m, and a gas-and-steam plume containing ash rose from a distinct cone
- Tropical Storm "HEIDI-12" with current wind speed 23 m/s is active in Australia. GREEN ALERT for Australia.
Tropical Cyclone Heidi crossed the coast near the mining town of Port Hedland today morning. NO DAMAGE REPORTED. However, 10 inches of rain and a dangerous storm tide predicted for coastal areas
"Recent Natural Disasters List" Page
This page contains the Daily list of all Recent Natural Disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent World Disasters containing Update Report on Rolling Disaster, Recent Felt Earthquakes, Recent Volcanic Eruptions (active volcanoes), Recent Flood Update with Ongoing Flood event, Recent Cyclones and Other Disasters containing Landslide, Drought along with other Natural Hazards. The Major Natural Disaster are linked to definite page containing update report on that major disaster.
The disaster data are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS..Get latest information of any disasters in our daily page Recent Natural Disasters List.
You can follow even in facebook (Disaster Report) and twitter (Disaster_Update)
Have To Say?? Write In The Comment Box Below !!
最 近發生的自然災害的名單>Liste der jüngsten Naturkatastrophen>Liste des récentes catastrophes naturelles>最近の自然災害のリスト>Список последних стихийных бедствий>Lista de los recientes desastres naturales>Natural Disasters List>2012 Natural Disasters List
Natural Disasters List