Disaster Report: Contains Daily list Of Recent Natural Disasters Around The World With Detail Update Report.
Want To Share!! Let Others Know
Fill this Disaster form or write in comment section below
Follow Disaster Report @ facebook (Disaster Report), twitter (Disaster_Update) and Google +(Disaster report)
Keep This Page Open Or Visit Later To Get Update Report
Recent Natural Disasters List
Recent World Disasters
- M 5.9 strong earthquake at intermediate depth (@ 36 km depth) in Samar, Philippines. About 16,000 people will have felt strong shaking of MMI VI. GDACS has updated data as, "An earthquake of magnitude 5.7 and depth 36km has struck an highly populated area in the Eastern Visayas Province (population: 3 million) in Philippines. GDACS estimates the likelihood for need of international humanitarian intervention to be medium (Orange alert)"
The earthquake epicenter is 20km from the city of Guiuan. The nearest populated places are Baras (17km), Mercedes (17km). It is a hilly region with a maximum altitude of 838 m
Recent Felt Earthquakes
Did You Feel It!! Let others Know> Click here
- M 5.9 strong earthquake in Samar, Philippines. The epicenter is located just 19 km NE from Guiuan, Samar, Philippines (@ 50 km depth). About 57,000 people will have felt strong shaking of MMI VI. People of Guiuan, Sulangan, Salcedo, Quinapundan, Giporlos and Hernani will have felt moderate shaking of MMI V today. It will have lightly felt in Panalanoy and Ormoc region of Philippines. People of Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City and Cebu City will have felt weak shaking. The epicenter is just 19 km NE of Guiuan, Samar, Philippines. Albert gerona from Philippines writes, "strong jolt felt in Samar..lasted for secondss"
12:55 UTC (local time Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 08:55 PM @ epicenter)
PHILIPPINE INSTITUTE OF VOLCANOLOGY AND SEISMOLOGY mentions M 5.9 @ 20 km depth! DAMAGE IS EXPECTED ALONG WITH AFTERSHOCKS
Intensity V- Salcedo, Borongan and Guiuan, Eastern Samar
Intensity IV- Tacloban, Palo and Tolosa, Leyte; Catbalogan, Samar; Dolores and San Policarpo, Eastern Samar
Intensity III- St. Bernard and Hinunangan, Southern Leyte; Catarman, Northern Samar
Intensity II- Naval, Biliran
Intensity I- Cebu City
- M 5.6 strong shallow earthquake in Coquimbo, Chile with epicenter located just 37 km W of Illapel, Coquimbo, Chile (@ 24 km depth). About 5,000 people will have felt strong saking of MMI VI. People of Illapel will have felt strongest shaking of MMI V, Light shaking will have felt in Salamanca, La Ligua, Ovalle, Monte Patria, Hacienda La Calera region. People of Villa Alemana, Vina del Mar, Quilpue, Valparaiso, Coquimbo Chile will have felt weak shaking. People in Santiago will have experienced weak shaking
23:21 UTC (local time Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 08:21:34 PM @ epicenter)
- M 4.7 moderate shallow Sea quake in Papua, Indonesia with epicenter located 102 km SW Nabire. Weak shaking will have felt in Enarotali and Dobo region of Indonesia
22:27 UTC (local time Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 07:27 AM @ epicenter)
- M 3.6 shallow (@ 2 km depth) earthquake in Lemesos, Cyprus (Akrotiri, Cyprus). Weak shaking will have felt in Lemesos region
14:01 UTC (local time 16:01; 2012/1/17 @ epicenter)
EMSC Felt Reports
Limassol: we felt the wave approximately 30 minutes after. one wave. our monitors in the office were shaking
- M 4.5 deep moderate earthquake in Central Peru (@ 145 km depth) with epicenter located 45 km SE of Pucallpa, Peru. Weak shaling will have felt in Pucallpa region
11:53 UTC (local time Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 06:53 AM at epicenter)
- M 3.4 weak shallow earthquake in Micheldorf, Austria (Forststraße Heuwiesen). It will have felt in Steyr and Linz region of Austria too
11:41 UTC (local time 12:41; 2012/1/17 @ epicenter)
- M 5.0 earthquake in Mindanao, Philippines (@ 94 km depth) with epicenter located 77 km SE Davao, Philippines. Weak shaking of MMI III will have felt in Mati and Davao. Davao is populated area with population 1,212,504!
10:00 UTC (local time Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 06:00 PM @ epicenter)
- M 4.3 very shallow moderate earthquake in Ferndale, California (@ 3 km depth). About 70,000 people will have felt weak shaking of MMI III. People of Fortuna, Bayview, Ferndale, Humboldt Hill, Rio Dell, Hydesville, Eureka, Cutten of Northern California will have felt weak shaking
09:54 UTC (local time Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 01:54 AM @ epicenter)
- M 4.7 moderate earthquake (@ 57 km depth) in Ashikaga, Honshu, Japan. The epicenter is just 38 km N of Tokyo, Japan where weak shaking will have felt. JMA mentions M 4.7 @ 50 km depth in Ibaraki-ken Nambu region. Max. JMA intensity 3
03:30 UTC (local time Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 12:30 PM @ epicenter)
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Chile/Puyehue Recent Volcanic Activity
-Flights cancelled for San Carlos de Bariloche due to Volcanic ashes
Recent Flood Update
- Flood advisory issued for Big Islands. Heavy rainfall with flooding predicted in Volcano and Glenwood areas along with Pahoa and Kapoho
- Tropical Storm "HEIDI-12" with current wind speed 23 m/s is active in Australia. GREEN ALERT for Australia
- Cold wave in Hyderabad, India has killed 8 persons. Severe cold prevails in Adilabad, Anantapur, Karimnagar, Kadapa, Medak and Srikakulam
- Mass-suicide due to drought in Mexico (In fact just a rumor) made the government officials to rush to the disaster area. Local officials earlier reported that dozens of Indian had killed themselves because of famine
"Recent Natural Disasters List" Page
This page contains the Daily list of all Recent Natural Disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent World Disasters containing Update Report on Rolling Disaster, Recent Felt Earthquakes, Recent Volcanic Eruptions (active volcanoes), Recent Flood Update with Ongoing Flood event, Recent Cyclones and Other Disasters containing Landslide, Drought along with other Natural Hazards. The Major Natural Disaster are linked to definite page containing update report on that major disaster.
The disaster data are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS..Get latest information of any disasters in our daily page Recent Natural Disasters List.
You can follow even in facebook (Disaster Report) and twitter (Disaster_Update)
Have To Say?? Write In The Comment Box Below !!
最 近發生的自然災害的名單>Liste der jüngsten Naturkatastrophen>Liste des récentes catastrophes naturelles>最近の自然災害のリスト>Список последних стихийных бедствий>Lista de los recientes desastres naturales>Natural Disasters List>2012 Natural Disasters List
Natural Disasters List