This list contains all major natural disasters in Australia in 2012 with detail report.
Click for most recent natural disasters in Australia
Click for most recent natural disasters in Australia
- December 22: Thunderstorm in Canberra, Australia
Storm in Canberra damaged several houses. A fallen tree damaged houses in Summerville Crescent, Florey.
- December 21: Tsunami in Queensland coastline, Australia!
People are reporting Tsunami expected to hit Queensland area on doomsday.
- December 12: Flooding in Perth, Australia Heavy storm caused flooding in Mandurah and Rockingham area.
- December 5: Wildfire in Queensland, Australia
More than 73 fire incidents recorded across Queensland, Australia.
- December 4: Wildfire in Aramara, Australia
A wildfire is burning about a kilometre from homes in Aramara on the Maryborough-Biggenden Rd.
- December 1: Huge storm in Ballarat, Australia
Storm in Ballarat (Victoria) damaged five houses.
- November 29: Storm near Waroona, Australia
One killed by a tree that fell on a cabin as severe storms hit Perth and Southwest Western Australia.
- November 20: Huge bushfire in Port Lincoln, Australia
The huge bushfire is burning near Port Lincoln, Australia. South Australian bushfire is now out of control.
- November 19: Hailstorm in Bermagui, Australia
It is believed to be biggest hailstorms in last 90 years!
- November 17: Monster storm in Queensland, Australia
Huge storm in Queensland, Australia caused heavy damage. More than 4000 lightning strikes within 80km of Brisbane in one hour.
- November 12: Wildfire in Tulka, Australia
A 2000 hectares wildfire is burning at Tulka, near Port Lincoln in South Australia.
- November 9: Tornado in Tasmania, Australia
A tornado touched down in Hobart, Tasmania.
- November 4: One killed in thunderstorm off the Perth coast, Australia
One Malaysian fisherman killed in thunderstorm off the Perth Coast, Australia.
- October 19: Wildfire in Upper Lansdowne area, Australia
Rural Fire Service officials issued an emergency warning in the Upper Lansdowne area.
- October 17: Wildfire in Euleilah, Australia
Several people evacuated due to wildfire in Euleilah, south of Agnes Waters in Central Queensland.
- October 10: Storm in Gayndah region of Queensland, Australia
Storms damaged five houses in a central Queensland town near Maryborough.
- October 6: Wildfire in New South Wales, Australia
Wildfires reported near Pretty Beach and Gosford on the coast of New South Wales.
- September 24: Wildfire in Queensland, Australia
Five homes evacuated after wildfire in south-west of Cairns in far north Queensland.
- September 18: Hailstorms in Dorrigo Plateau, Australia
Hailstorms reported in Dorrigo Plateau of Australia. Minor damage reported.
- September 3: Storms in Perth, Australia
Gusts of up 89 km/h recorded in the metropolitan area of Australia.
- August 20: Wildfire in Clarence Valley region, Australia
A Bushfire Emergency declared in the Clarence Valley, on the New South Wales north coast.
- August 10: Heavy storms in Sydney, Australia
Heavy storms as high as 106 km/hr recorded on Sydney Harbour, the strongest gusts in at least six years.
- July 10:Flooding in Shepparton, Australia
Damaging winds averaging 50 to 70 km/h forecast for parts of the North Central and North East districts, especially Alpine resorts.
- June 19: Earthquake hits Melbourne, Australia-Biggest earthquake in 109 years!
M 5.2 earthquake hits Melbourne, Australia. It is the biggest earthquake in 109 years in that area.
- June 8: Rare Earthquake Hits New South Wales-Tremor Felt After 43 Years!
According to Australian Seismological Centre, these were the first earthquakes greater than magnitude 4 to strike inland northern NSW since December 1969.
- June 7: Tornado In Perth, Video Footage
Approximately 20 tornadoes are thought to occur in Australia each year. At least 41 tornado related deaths have been recorded in Australia in the past century
- June 5: Flooding In Victoria: Evacuation Warning Issued For Victorian and NSW Residents
About 30 residents of Taralgon evacuated after overflowing of Traralgon Creek. They are taking shelter in reguge center.
- June 4: Flooding in Victoria, Australia
Two highways in Gippsland in Victoria closed due to flooding.
- April 19: Weak shallow earthquake in New South Wales, Australia
Epicenter was close to Clive. Tremor lasted between 10 and 15 seconds.
- April 9:Extreme weather in Sydney, Australia
Heavy storm and rainfall in Australia damaged roofs of several houses.
- March 23: M 5.6 very strong shallow earthquake in South Australia
Luckily the populated area Adelaide is 1160 km far from epicenter. It is desert area
- March 20: several local government areas across NSW declared as Natural disaster area
The areas of Cobar, Jerilderie and Queanbeyan have been declared as a natural disaster area, taking the total number of natural disaster areas to 59
- March 17: Tropical Cyclone Lua (Red Alert)
Following the Bureau of Meteorology, Lua is the strongest cyclone to hit Australia this year and the strongest since Cyclone Yasi hit Queensland last year.
- March 6: State Of Emergency Declared In Wagga Wagga
8000 people have been evacuated from Wagga Wagga.
- February 27: Wild Storm And Flooding In Sunshine Coast, Australia
Dozens of homes damaged in Pomona, Cooroy and Cooran.
- February 4: Queensland, Australian Flooding Update
More than 11,000 people isolated in Queensland state by the flooding and thousands evacuated.