This list contains all major natural disasters in Indonesia in 2012 with detail report.
Click for most recent natural disasters in Indonesia
Click for most recent natural disasters in Indonesia
- December 22: Indonesia/Mount Rokatenda recent volcanic activity
Thousands of people evacuated from Palue Islands in Sikka, East Nusa Tenggara due to volcanic eruption at Mt. Rokatenda.
- December 17: Indonesia/Mount Lokon recent volcanic activity
Mount Lokon volcano located in Sulawesi, Indonesia spewed fire and ash into the air today.
- December 15: Flash floods in Bali, Indonesia
Heavy rainfall has caused flash floods in at least eight areas in Denpasar.
- December 11: Landslide in Sukabumi, Indonesia
One killed in landslide in Sukabumi, West Java, Indonesia. Twentyone others are reported to be missing.
- Decemer 8: Indonesia tornado injures 14
Around 14 people injured in a tornado in Yogyakarta area of Sleman, Indonesia. Tornado damaged more than 500 houses.
- November 24: Flooding in Jakarta, Indonesia
Torrential rain caused flooding in 16 urban villages in 5 sub-districts in East Jakarta.
- November 19: Indonesia (Flores Island)/Rokatenda (Paluweh) recent volcanic activity
Volcanic ash spewed out of Mount Rokatenda, in Sikka regency, Indonesia.
- November 9: Flooding in Sulawesi, Indonesia kills 13
Death toll from Sulawesi, Indonesia flood has risen to 13. Four people are still missing.
- October 22: Flash floods in Panja district of Indonesia
Flash floods in Papua in eastern Indonesia displaced more than 1,000 people.
- October 19: Tornado in Sumatra, Indonesia
Tornado destroyed more than 100 homes in Lubukbuntak in Pagaralam, South Sumatra.
- October 12: M 6.7 strong shallow earthquake near the South Coast of Papua, Indonesia
Local meteorology agency building of Dobo region has been seriously damaged.
- October 12: Indonesia/Mount Rokatenda Volcano, Pulue Island recent volcanic activity
Hundreds of people evacuated after volcanic ashes spewed by Mount Rokatenda in Pulue Island, Sikka, East Nusa Tenggara.
- October 7: Indonesia/Mount Lokon recent volcanic activity
Eruption sound was heard 5 kilometers away from the disaster area but height of the eruption was not visible due to cloud-covered crater.
- September 27: Wildfires in Central Java, East Kalimantan of Indonesia
Fire burned more than 500 hectares of forests in Karanganyar, Central Java.
- September 17: Indonesia/Mount Gamala recent volcanic activity
Slow-moving red lava clearly visible at mount Gamalama. However no evacuation order issued.
- September 14: Flash floods in Padang, Indonesia
Four killed in flash floods in Padang in West Sumatra of Indonesia.
- September 3: Wildfire in Bali, Indonesia
Wildfire burned 200 hectares of pine forest in the forest on Mt. Agung in Karangasem.
- August 26: Flooding in Sulawesi, Indonesia
Three killed in floods in Parigi Moutong regency in Central Sulawesi.
- August 18: Powerful quake shakes Palu and Mamuju of Indonesia, Six killed
M 6.3 very strong earthquake shakes Sulawesi, Indonesia today at 05:41 PM local time
- July 26: Flash floods in West Sumatra of Indonesia
Eight people killed in Flash floods in West Sumatra of Indonesia. More than 250 people left their home.
- July 25: Flooding in Sumatra, Indonesia
Eight people reported to be missing in heavy flash flood in Indonesia.
- June 22: Major quake to hit Mukomuko, Indonesia
Based on the analysis of experts, an earthquake measuring 8.9 on the Richter scale can happen at any moment.
- June 19: Landslide in Ambon, Indonesia
Four killed and 10 people reported to be missing in a landslide in Ambon city (Soya) of Maluku province.
- June 14: Indonesia/Mount Gamkonora recent volcanic activity
Hundreds of residents in northeastern Indonesia evacuated
- June 4: 2012 Sukabumi Earthquake-106 Houses Damaged, Well Felt In Jakarta
106 houses reported to be damaged by this Sukabumi quake. Out of which 12 are badly damaged.
- May 25: Landslide in Bogor, Indonesia
Eight killed in a landslide in Jasinga sub-district, Bogor district, West Java.
- May 24: Landslide in Balikpapan, Indonesia
Four killed and three other injured in a landslide in Balikpapan town of East Kalimantan province of Indonesia
- April 24: Indonesia/Mt Lokon Volcano recent volcanic activity
People living around Mount Lokon in Tomohon are urged to evacuate the area following the increased activity.
- April 11: M 8.7 Massive earthquake shakes West coast of Northern Sumatra, Indonesia
An Indian Ocean-wide tsunami alert issued for 28 countries, including Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, Australia, Burma and Thailand. Today's earthquake is the eight largest earthquake since 1900!
- April 9: Flooding in Indonesia
More than 900 people affected by flood last week are suffering from influenza and skin rashes.
- April 1:Flooding in Klang, Malaysia
Heavy rain and high tide caused flash flood in Klang port, Malaysia
- March 26: Indonesia/Batu Tara recent volcanic activity
Aviation colour code raised to Orange for this Indonesian volcano
- March 19: Moderate Earthquake Shakes Palu, Indonesia
Moderate shallow earthquake shakes palu, Indonesia today. The epicenter was located just 10 km NNW from populated area Palu
- February 1: Houses Damaged By Today's Bengkulu, Indonesian Earthquake
Walls of houses collapsed in Bengkulu region along with Regional Investment Coordinating Board (BKPMD) and Indonesia Journalists Association (PWI) building in Bengkulu province
- January 6: Indonesia/Lewotolo Recent Volcanic Activity
PVMBG told seven out of 127 volcanoes in Indonesia are in danger status of level III which are Mount Papandayan, Mount Lokon, Mount Karangetan, Mount Kawah Ijen, Mount Anak Krakatau, Mount Gamalama and Mount Lewotolo
- January 2: Flooding In Brebes, Central Java, Indonesia
About 3,000 houses flooded (44,000 people affected)