This list contains all major natural disasters in United States in 2013 with detail report.
Click for most recent natural disasters in United States
Click for most recent natural disasters in United States
- September 23: Reports of an earthquake felt in Idaho
Reports of an earthquake felt in Southern Idaho some minutes ago.
- September 21: Moderate earthquake in Wyoming
M 4.9 moderate earthquake hits Wyoming today, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- September 18: NWS confirms tornado in Boca aton
The National Weather Service has confirmed a small tornado in Boca Raton today.
- September 13: Boulder Colorado flood 2013
Colorado flooding 2013 have claimed lives of at least four people and left more than 80 unaccounted.
- September 12: Tornado hits Maine
A tornado touched down in remote northeastern Maine Wednesday evening, The National Weather Service confirmed.
- September 8: Lightning strike in San Antonio
A lightning strike in San Antonio has killed a eight years old boy and injured one other.
- September 7: Flood, fire and mudslide in Idaho
Strong storms have caused mudslides, house fire and floods in Idaho.
- September 3: Miami lightning strike
A lightning strike in Miami-area has claimed life of at least one people and injured two others.
- August 27: Nevada earthquake today shakes Reno, Sparks
M 4.2 moderate earthquake shakes Spanish Springs, Nevada today, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- August 25: Lightning in Oregon injures 1
Lightning in Jefferson County in eastern Oregon has injured at least one perosn.
- August 25: Earthquake New York 2013
M 2.7 minor earthquake shakes New York today, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- August 25: State of emergency in San Francisco
A state of emergency has been declared in San Francisco due to a raging wildfire expected to threaten city's water and power services.
- August 23: Flooding in Southern Colorado
Severe flash floods have been reported throughout Southern Colorado Thursday night.
- August 17: Current Idaho wildfires information
Current Idaho wildfires have forced the evacuation of 1,600 homes.
- August 13: Cascade pass landslide
Floods, landslides in North Cascades National Park, U.S. have trapped at least 65 hikers.
- August 13: Disaster assistance to New Jersey survivors of Superstorm Sandy
A total of $5.5 billion federal assistance has been made to New Jersey survivors of Superstorm Sandy till now, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said in its news release on August 12, 2013.
- August 10: Colorado mudslide, flash floods
Mudslide, flash floods in Manitou Springs, Colorado have claimed life of one.
- August 8: Missouri flooding 2013
Flooding in Missouri, United States has claimed lives of at least three people including a child and his mother.
- August 8: Southern California fires today
Wildfire in Southern California today has burned 10,000 acres, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) said.
- August 6: Federal aid accepted for the Falls Fire in Riverside County
A request submitted by the state of California for federal aid regarding the Falls Fire in Riverside County has been approved, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said.
- August 6: Missouri flooding 2013
Flooding in south-central Missouri has claimed life of a child aged between 4 and 6 years, local medias reported.
- August 5: Kansas flooding prompts disaster declaration
Heavy rain has caused flooding in parts of Kansas prompting a local disaster in Reno County.
- August 2: Arlington tornado 2013 injures 1, damages 20 buildings
This Arlington tornado 2013 is the strongest tornado Jacksonville has experienced since August 2004.
- August 1: Kittitas county wildfire
Kittitas County wildfire has caused the evacuation of residents of about 75 homes and cabins.
- August 1: Earthquake in Fairfield, CA
M 2.8 weak earthquake shakes Fairfield, California today, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- July 31: Mission, South Dakota flooding 2013
Flash flooding in Mission, South Dakota has destroyed many homes and caused the evacuation of over 100 people.
- July 28: NC Flooding 2013
NC Flooding 2013 has claimed lives of at least two people.
- July 25: Arizona lightning claims 2 lives
Lightning in Arizona has claimed lives of two people and injured a teenage.
- July 24: Central California earthquake today
M 4.3 light earthquake shakes Central California today, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- July 23: Basement flooding, sinkholes in Mount Holly, Pennsylvania
Torrential rains have caused basement flooding and sinkholes in Mount Holly, Pennsylvania.
- July 21: Harrisonburg lightning injures 3
Lightning strike in Harrisonburg, United States has injured at least three people.
- July 21: Phoenix flood prompts flood emergency
Heavy downpour has caused flooding in Phoenix leading to flash flood emergency.
- July 20: Tornado in Ohio
A tornado has hit Ursuline College in northeast Ohio about 3:35 a.m. Saturday morning collapsing a wall of the athletic center and other buildings.
- July 20: Tornado in Pompano Beach, Florida
A tornado in Pompano Beach of Floida, United States has injured at least three people.
- July 20: Heavy storms in southeast Michigan
Heavy storms have hit southeast Michigan with winds of 60 m.p.h.
- July 19: Lightning strikes in Colorado and Montana injure 13
At least 13 people are reported to injured in different lightning strikes in Colorado and Montana region.
- July 19: Tropical wave causes flooding in Puerto Rico
A tropical wave passing over Puerto Rico has caused heavy flooding in Puerto Rico, emergency management office said today.
- July 17: About 500 lightning strikes in Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho
About 500 lightning strikes hit Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho overnight.
- July 17: CA Wildfire burns 7 houses, U.S. Forest Service says
A wildfire in mountains west of Palm Springs, California has burned at least seven houses and about a half-dozen vehicles, the U.S. Forest Service said.
- July 16: Heat alerts across U.S. Northeast
Heat warnings, advisories and alerts have been issued across the U.S. East Coast as heat wave begins.
- July 14: Storm damage in Kentucky
Storm damage in the Pongo community of Rockcastle County has been reported around 3:00 p.m. Saturday.
- July 11: Flooding, mudslide hits Colorado
Mudslides and flooding in Colorado shut down parts of a motorway for nearly three hours (with video).
- July 4: Vermont flooding sweeps 1, 4th of July cancelled
Flooding in Vermont has swept away a person in the New Haven River.
- July 4: Flooding, landslides, sinkhole in Western North Carolina
Flooding, landslides and a sinkhole occurred in Western North Carolina Thursday.
- July 3: Flash flooding in Lebanon, New Hampshire
At least 24 people have been evacuated after serious flooding in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
- July 3: Tornado near Clinton, Maryland
A weak tornado hit Monday evening at about 7:33 p.m. south of Clinton and west of Brandywine.
- July 1: Flash flooding in Bangor
Heavy rainfall has caused flash flooding in Bangor.
- July 1: Yarnell, Arizona Wildfire 2013
At least 19 firefighters from the Granite Mountain Hotshots have died in Yarnell, Arizona wildfire.
- June 30: Flash flooding in Orange County
Heavy rainfall has caused flash flooding in Orange County and the Town of Chapel Hill.
- June 30: Weather Service confirms two tornadoes in Socastee
National Weather Service has confirmed two small tornadoes in the Socastee area Saturday.
- June 29: Flash floods in New York and Pennsylvania
At least two people are reported to be missing in flash floods in upstate New York and Pennsylvania.
- June 28: Earthquake in Salinas, California
M 3.9 light earthquake shakes Salinas, California today, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- June 27: Pennsylvania flood 2013
National Weather Service has declared a flash flood emergency in central PA.
- June 26: Tornado in Columbia County
The National Weather Service has confirmed an EF-0 tornado in Columbia county on Tuesday.
- June 22: Flash flooding hits Wisconsin, flood damage assessment under way
Heavy rainfall has caused flash flooding in parts of southwestern Wisconsin.
- June 22: Storm in South Dakota
Recent storm in South Dakota has claimed life of a woman and left thousands of people without power.
- June 13: Tsunami hit US East Coast
A tsunami was observed on June 13, 2013 at East Coast, Bermuda and Puerto Rico, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said.
- June 13: Massive Colorado wildfire
At least two dead bodies have been found in area burned by Colo. wildfire.
- June 11: NWS confirms 2 tornadoes in Baltimore
The National Weather Service has confirmed at least two tornadoes in Baltimore, Maryland.
- June 11: Sandstorm in Nevada
A sandstorm in Northern Nevada has killed one and injured two others, ABC News reported.
- June 10: Storm in Kentucky injures 4
At least four people have been injured and several homes have been damaged in a storm in Kentucky, state emergency management official said.
- June 9: Arizona heat wave
Heat wave in a hiking area near the Nevada-Arizona line has claimed life of one person, USA Today reported.
- June 6: Tropical storm Andrea
A tropical storm warning has been issued along the west coast of Florida from Boca Grande to Ochlocknee River.
- May 31: Fresh tornado emergency in Oklahoma
At least three tornadoes hit Oklahoma City area causing tornado emergency. Several dead.
- May 30: Tornadoes in Oklahoma and Arkansas injure 9
Following National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center, tornado warnings were issued in parts of northern Oklahoma including oil hub Cushing which is home to over 65 million barrels of crude oil storage.
- May 28: Another landslide on Whidbey Island, Washington
A 300-foot slide have been reported north of Langley on Whidbey Island.
- May 28: Tornadoes hit northeast Kansas
At least four tornadoes hit northeast Kansas today, emergency management officials said.
- May 28: Massive wildfire in Southern California today
Around 4,000 people have been evacuated following wildfire in Southern California today.
- May 25: Flooding in San Antonio, Texas
Flooding in San Antonio, Texas killed one and left another missing.
- May 24: Strong earthquake shakes California
M 5.7 strong earthquake shakes California today, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- May 23: Minnesota's Lilydale Park landslide
One fourth grade student of Hobart Elementary School died and another went missing following a landslide in Lilydale Park.
- May 22: North Dakota flooding 2013
Flooding forces evacuation of 1,300 in Cavalier, North Dakota.
- May 22: Flooding in Washington County, Virginia
Flooding was reported on Rush Creek Road, National Weather Service said.
- May 21: Flash flooding in Columbia, South Carolina
Heavy rainfall caused flash flooding in Columbia, state of South Carolina.
- May 21: Oklahoma tornado season 2013
Oklahoma tornado claims 51 lives including 20 children till 03:00 UTC. Follow for latest updates.
- May 19: Tornado in Shawnee, Oklahoma
At least one people died in tornado in Shawnee, Oklahoma, east of Oklahoma City.
- May 17: Tornado damage in Athens, Alabama
At least two EF-0 tornadoes touched down in the Athens and Elkmont areas, the National Weather Service confirms.
- May 16: Tornado in Granbury, Texas
Several dead in a tornado in Granbury, Texas.
- May 10: Hail, flooding in Temple, TX
Storms caused heavy rain, hail and street flooding in Temple area of Texas.
- May 10: Tornado in Massachusetts, United States
An EF0 tornado touched down in the area of Washington Street in Stoughton.
- May 7: Earthquake shakes Ventura, California
M 3.7 light earthquake shakes Southern California today.
- May 6: Tornado in Bakersfield, CA
A tornado touched down in Bakersfield, California for the first time since 1999.
- May 6: Flooding in Asheville, NC
Downing trees and power lines have been reported in Asheville and Western North Carolina.
- May 6: Earthquake in Idaho today
M 4.2 light earthquake shakes Southern Idaho today.
- May 5: Hail storm in Franklin, Tennessee
Hail storm hit around Decherd and downtown Winchester and covered streets and lawns with hail stones.
- May 5: Cleveland Volcano in Aleutian Islands erupts
Continuous but low-level eruptions have been recorded at Cleveland Volcano in Aleutian Islands.
- May 4: Flooding in Florida
The National Weather Service has issued a flood watch for southern Florida.
- May 2: Summit Fire in Riverside County out of control!
About 700 people have been evacuated from the fire zone.
- May 1: Flooding in Ironwood, Michigan
Ironwood and Wakefield residents are using 3,000 to 5,000 sandbags to battle floods.
- April 29: Landslide in North Carolina
Landslide hits home on Robert's Hill Road just outside Marshall, North Carolina.
- April 27: Flash Flooding in Houston, TX
Flash flooding in Houston, Texas has caused huge power outages.
- April 27: Earthquake in Los Angeles, California
M 3.2 light earthquake shakes Greater Los Angeles Area, California today.
- April 27: Japan Tsunami debris hits California
Japanese fishing boat washed by 2011 tsunami has been confirmed as the first piece of debris to reach the coast of California.
- April 25: Wildfire near Moriarty, New Mexico
A wildfire near Moriarty, New Mexico has burned one building.
- April 19: Tornado in Butler, Oklahoma
An EF-2 tornado touched down in Butler, Oklahoma.
- April 18: Heavy rain and flooding in the Chicago opens sinkhole
Sinkhole in Chicago injures 1, swallows 3 cars.
- April 16: Multiple earthquakes near Luther, Oklahoma
M 4.3 moderate earthquake shakes Oklahoma today.
- April 13: Cascade mountains avalanche
At least two people are reported to be missing in two separate avalanche disaster in Cascade mountains in Washington state.
- April 11: Landslide at Bingham Canyon Mine, Utah
Massive landslide has occurred at Bingham Canyon Mine, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- April 11: Tornado in Kemper County, Mississippi
Tornado in Kemper County, Mississippi has killed one person.
- April 10: Tornadoes across Arkansas
Tornado in Botkinburg, Arkansas today has injured three people and damaged more than a dozen structures.
- April 10: Earthquake near Seattle today
M 3.3 weak earthquake shakes Olympic Peninsula, Washington today.
- April 9: Lightning in Brownsville
Lightning strike in Brownsville, United States has hit two people.
- April 9: Tornado in Colorado
Tornado in Colorado has destroyed one mobile house and damaged two others.
- April 8: Hail storms in Kansas, get disaster kits ready
Hailstorm has been reported across Trego, Ellis and Rush counties.
- April 7: Landslide near Everett, Washington
A landslide near Everett, Washington has hit an Amtrak passenger train.
- April 5: Tornado in Tehama County, California
A tornado touched down near Gerber in Tehama County, Weather Service says.
- April 5: Flash Flood warning issued for Redding, CA
The National Weather service in Sacramento has issued a flash flood warning for Shasta county in Northern California.
- April 3: Recent hail storms in Hitchcock, Texas
Recent hail storms in Hitchcock, Texas has damaged several police cars.
- March 31: Hail storms across Oklahoma
Supercell storms caused hail storms across Oklahoma.
- March 27: Earthquake in Southern California today
Magnitude 3.7 earthquake was recorded by U.S. Geological Survey around 11:16 A.M.
- March 27: Huge Landslide on Whidbey Island, Washington
At least 17 homes have been evacuated after a huge landslide on Whidbey Island, Washington.
- March 25: Strong earthquake in Guatemala city
M 6.2 strong earthquake shakes Guatemala city today, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- March 23: Meteor shower in east coast of USA
The sky flash was spotted as far south as Florida and as far north as New England.
- March 18: Wildfire in Tennessee, United States
A wildfire outside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in eastern Tennessee has burned more than 30 large rental cabins.
- March 16: Live updates on Fort Collins, Colorado wildfire
Check out live updates on current Colorado wildfires.
- March 15: Wildfire in Colorado
Wildfire in Colorado has burned more than 800 acres.
- March 11: Multiple earthquakes close to Anza, Southern California
Earthquakes have occurred along the San Jacinto fault between the San Andreas and the Elsinore faults. Note that this fault is famous for big earthquakes.
- March 11: Sinkhole in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
A 30 feet wide by 12 feet deep sinkhole has opened in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
- March 9: Forest fire in Baldwin County of Alabama
Forest fire in Baldwin County of Alabama has burned 40 acres.
- March 6: Coastal flooding in New Jersey, USA
Several people close to Toms River, Brick and Bay Head have moved to higher places.
- March 5: Snowstorms across midwestern United States
Recent snowstorms have affected people of North Dakota, Minnesota and northwest Illinois.
- March 5: Avalanche disaster in the mountains near Haines, Alaska
An avalanche disaster in the mountains near Haines, Alaska has killed one people and injured two others.
- March 3: An avalanche in northern Colorado mountain
An avalanche in northern Colorado mountain has killed one skier and injured other.
- February 27: Tornado in Tampa, Florida
A tornado between Harbour Island and Davis Island in Tampa, Florida has damaged vehicles and roofs of several houses.
- February 27: Wildfire in Lone Pine, California
A wildfire has burned 406-acre area east of Lone Pine, California.
- February 26: Winter storm in Oklahoma, USA
Recent winter storms in Woodward has killed one people.
- February 8: Wildfire in Big Thompson Canyon area, Colorado
A 3-acre wildfire is burning in Big Thompson Canyon area near Alexander Mountain in Colorado.
- February 8: Flooding in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, United States
Flooding in Great Smoky Mountains National Park has destroyed a bridge across Walker Camp Prong.
- February 8: Winter Storm Nemo in US and Canada
10 fatalities reported from Winter Storm Nemo in US and Canada.
- February 7: Winter storm Nemo in New England
Winter Storm Nemo kills 10.
- January 30: Heavy storms across south and central U.S.
Storm in Nashville, Tennessee has killed one person.
- January 28: Flooding near Tucson, Arizona
Around 40-50 people were rescued from flood waters in Bear Canyon near Tucson, Arizona.
- January 28: Avalanche in Wyoming, United States
Two killed in separate avalanche disaster in western Wyoming, United States.
- January 25: Earthquake today in Fairfield, CA
We are getting report of an earthquake tremor felt in Fairfield, CA today .
- January 23: Earthquake shaking in Irving, Texas
We are getting reports of earthquake shaking in Irving and Euless region of Northern Texas.
- January 18: Avalanche in New Hampshire, USA
At least three injured in avalanche at Tuckerman Ravine in North Conway, N.H.
- January 18: Mudslide in North Carolina More than 50 mudslide disaster incident reported across North Carolina.
- January 17: Jackson's snowfall set 65 year record today
Storm dumped 1.7 inches of snow to Jackson, 3.5 inches to Madison and Star, and 4.5 inches to Ackerman, Mississippi.
- January 14: Flash floods in eastern Missouri, United States
One killed in flash floods in eastern Missouri.
- January 10: Storm caused Flooding, Mudslides across Mississippi and Louisiana
Live blog: Trees down county-wide, with several mudslides reported in Adams County, MS and LA.
- January 2: Sinkhole in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Around 30 houses evacuated due to sinkhole in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.