Recent Natural Disasters 2014: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Landslide in Rukum, Nepal
-Landslide in Rukum, Nepal has claimed life of a nine years old child.
-A 10 years old girl has gone missing in the debris. Click for detail report on Rukum landslide
- Thunderstorms spark fires in Washington and Oregon
-Thunderstorms have caused forest fires in Washington and Oregon region of United States.
-According to the Central Oregon Interagency Dispatch Center, lightning struck Oregon more than 7,000 times in 24 hours.
- M 2.6 weak shallow earthquake in California (@ 7 km depth) with epicenter located 14 km S of Rio Dell. It will have well felt by the people of Fortuna, Eureka and Bayside.
01:16 UTC (local time 2014-08-13, 18:16 @ epicenter)
- M 5.7 moderate earthquake in Chile (@ 49 km depth) with epicenter located 17 km ENE of Iquique. Light to weak shaking will have felt by the people of Iquique, Cruz de Machacamarca and Arica.
00:02 UTC (local time 2014-08-13, 20:02 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flooding in New York
-Heavy rainfall has caused flash flooding in Bay Shore in New York, the United States.
-A rain storm hit New York City area for 10 hours on Wednesday morning.
Recent Volcanic Activity
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Hurricane Julio
-As of 03:00 UTC, Hurricane Julio was located 1,075 km N of Honolulu, Hawaii.
-Hurricane Julio weakening and moving slowly northward far north of Hawaii.
- Tropical Storm Karina
-As of 03:00 UTC, TS Karina was located 750 km SW of the southern tip of Baja California.
-Karina is expected to become a hurricane by Thursday night.
Natural Disaster News
- A report published by World Food Programme (WFP) on Wednesday has mentioned that a severe drought in Sri Lanka has affceted 1.5 million people with 768,000 of them in urgent need of basic food and livelihood requirements.
- The University of Texas (UT) Health Science Center at Houston has received nearly $1.5 million FEMA grant to address volunteer firefighter health, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said in its news release on August 14, 2013. Click for detail report on FEMA grant
- A research by the Natural Hazards Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) has found that the cost of natural disasters in Australia could double in next six years.
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.