Recent Natural Disasters 2014: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Floods and landslides in Indonesia
-Floods and landslides in West Java and Gorontalo provinces of Indonesia have claimed lives of at least two people.
-Floods have submerged over 100 houses, Xinhua reported quoting national disaster agency. Emergency relief aids have been sent to the affected area.
- Landslide in Itanagar, India
-A landslide in Itanagar has claimed lives of at least two people and injured one other.
- M 5.0 moderate earthquake in India (@ 97 km depth) with epicenter located 55 km E of Yairipok. Light to weak shaking will have felt by the people of Thoubal, Kakching and Imphal.
16:39 UTC (local time 2014-08-16, 23:09 @ epicenter)
- M 4.7 moderate earthquake in Ecuador (@ 88 km depth) with epicenter 11km W of Cayambe. It will have well felt by the people of Otavalo, Atuntaqui, Ibarra and Quito.
15:08 UTC (local time 2014-08-16, 10:08 @ epicenter)
- M 4.6 moderate earthquake in Venezuela (@ 19 km depth) with epicenter located 25 km NE of El Limon. It will have well felt by the people of Maracay, Turmero, San Mateo and Caracas.
12:39 UTC (local time 2014-08-16, 08:09 @ epicenter)
- M 3.4 weak shallow earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 4 km depth) with epicenter located 10 km WNW of Medford. Light to weak shaking will have felt by the people of Melford, Enid, Ponca City and Arkansas City.
10:54 UTC (local time 2014-08-16, 05:54 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flooding in Assam, India
-Flood water in Naoboicha area of Lakhimpur washed away a boy.
-Kaziranga National Park (KNP) has also been affected by flood water.
Recent Volcanic Activity
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Post-Tropical Cyclone Julio
-At 15:00 UTC, Julio was located 1,235 km N of Honolulu, Hawaii.
-Julio has dissipated far north of Hawaii.
Natural Disaster News
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.