Recent Natural Disasters 2014: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Landslide in Yan'an City, China
-A landslide at a highway construction site in Yan'an City, northwest China's Shaanxi Province has claimed lives of at least 19 people, Xinhua reported.
- M 3.2 shallow earthquake in California (@ 12 km depth) with epicenter located 6 km WSW of Morongo Valley. Weak shaking of MMI III will have been felt by the people of Desert Hot Springs, Yucca Valley and Banning.
- M 5.3 moderate earthquake in Mexico (@ 35 km depth) with epicenter located 28km SSW of Jalapa. Light to weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Santa Domingo Tehuantepec, Salina Cruz and San Jeronimo Ixtepec.
16:46 UTC (local time 2014-10-11, 11:46 @ epicenter)
- M 2.9 weak shallow earthquake in Kansas (@ 7 km depth) with epicenter located 12 km SE of Anthony. Weak tremor will have been felt by the people of Haysville, Enid and Derby.
13:50 UTC (local time 2014-10-11, 08:50 @ epicenter)
- M 5.5 strong earthquake in Japan (@ 35 km depth) with epicenter located 135 km ENE of Hachinohe. Light to weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Uchimaru, Hachinohe, Mutsu, Misawa, Inuotose, Furudate, Shizunai, Yamada, Morioka-shi, Muroran and Miyako.
05:20 UTC (local time 2014-10-11, 15:20 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flash floods in Geno, Italy
-Flash floods caused after a massive rainstorm killed one person in Genoa, Italy.
-The Bisagno river burst its banks sending flood waters sweeping through the streets.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Mayon volcano eruption in Philippines
-Lava flow has been observed at Mayon volcano.
-About 350 metres long lava flow has been recorded at the eastern side of Bonga Gully just below the crater of Mount Mayon.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Subtropical Storm Fay
-At 23:00 UTC, Subtropical Storm Fay was located 790 km S of Bermuda.
-A tropical storm watch is in effect for Bermuda.
-Fay is expected to produce total rainfall accumulations of 2 to 4 inches across Bermuda.
- Tropical Cyclone Hudhud
-At 23:00 UTC, Tropical cyclone 03b (hudhud) was located approximately 200 nm east-southeast of Visakhapatnam, India.
-Hudhud has been named after the national bird of Israel. The name was suggested by Oman. Click for detail report on cyclone Hudhud.
- Typhoon Vongfong
-At 23:00 UTC, Typhoon Vongfong was located approximately 173 nm south-southeast of Kadena AB, Okinawa.
Update 20:35 UTC
At least 25 people have been injured and more than 200,000 have been advised to evacuate in Okinawa and southwestern Japan as typhoon Vongfong brought torrential rain and strong winds to the region.
Natural Disaster News
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency has granted the federal disaster aid to the state of Montana to supplement state, local and tribal recovery efforts in the area affected by severe storms, straight-line winds, and flooding during the period of August 21-25, 2014.
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.