Recent Natural Disasters 2014: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Landslide in Koslanda, Sri Lanka
-Landslide in Koslanda, Sri Lanka has claimed lives of at least ten people. More than two hundred fifty people are reported to be missing, Disaster Management Center (DMC) said.
-President Mahinda Rajapaksa has directed the authorities to provide immediate disaster relief to the people affected by the Koslanda landslide.
- M 5.0 moderate earthquake in Peru (@ 64 km depth) with epicenter located 112 km WNW of Camana. Light to weak shaking will have felt by the people of Puquio, Minas de Marcona and Mollendo.
22:37 UTC (local time 2014-10-30; 17:37 @ epicenter)
- M 3.4 weak shallow earthquake in Oklahoma with epicenter located 11 km N of Langston. It will have well felt by the people of Stillwater, Guthrie and Edmond.
18:57 UTC (local time 2014-10-30; 13:57 @ epicenter)
- M 5.7 strong deep earthquake in Indonesia (@ 546 km depth) with epicenter located 130 km N of Labuhankananga. People of Songkar, Lopokloka, Gontar, Labuhankuris, Naebugis, Penyaring Bawah, Makassar, Galesong, Mataram, Sumbawar Besar and Bima will have felt weak shaking.
12:11 UTC (local time 2014-10-30; 20:11 @ epicenter)
- M 4.7 moderate earthquake in Indonesia (@ 53 km depth) with epicenter located 89 km WSW of Onan Ganjang. Kualalumpur, the capital of Malaysia is 446 km far from the epicenter.
00:02 UTC (local time 07:02; 2014-10-30 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flooding in Buenos Aires, Argentina
-Heavy storms and strong winds have caused severe flooding in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
-More than 1,000 people are forced to evacuated over floods in BA City, Buenos Aires Herald reported.
-A red laert has been issued in Luján due to the dangerous 4-meter growth of the Luján River.
-Around 5,000 policemen have been sent to the 17 damaged areas with disaster relief materials.
-A weather alert remains in place throughout Buenos Aires province.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Kilauea volcano eruption, Hawaii
-Molten lava from Hawaii's Kilauea volcano has destroyed the residential properties.
-Residents in Pahoa village, Hawaii have begun evacuating their homes.
- Mayon Volcano in Philippines
-At least two volcanic quakes have been recorded at Mayon Volcano in the last 24 hours, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said.
-Mayon's alert level remains at 3.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Tropical cyclone Nilofar
-At 20:00 UTC, Tropical cyclone Nilofar was located approximately 408 nm southwest of Karachi, Pakistan.
-Nilofar is the first Tropical cyclone to form in the Arabian Sea since 2010.
Natural Disaster News
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has designated Early County in Georgia as a primary natural disaster area due to damages and losses caused by a recent drought. The counties are eligible for low interest emergency (EM) loans from USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA).
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.