Recent Natural Disasters 2014: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Flooding in Jamaica
-Flooding caused by heavy rains have overflown a main road in Jamaica and trapped people in their vehicles.
-Floods have also collapsed a bridge in central area of the island, the Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management (ODPEM) said.
- Heavy storm in Phu Yen Province of Vietnam
-Storm has blown away the roofs of 33 houses in Phu Yen Province, Vietnam News reported.
-The storm has damaged 210 hectares of agricultural crops as well as sections of the Dien sea-dyke.
- M 5.5 strong earthquake in Carlsberg Ridge (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 589 km WSW of Kudahuvadhoo, Maldives.
22:47 UTC (local time 2014-12-02; 03:47 @ epicenter)
- M 3.9 light earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 7 km depth) with epicenter located 12 km ENE of Mooreland. It will have been well felt by the people of Woodward and Mooreland.17:57 UTC (local time 2014-12-01; 11:57 @ epicenter)
- M 3.5 light earthquake in Montana (@ 9 km depth) with epicenter located 50 km WSW of Kalispell. Light to weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Kalispell, Kila, Libby and Marion.
15:13 UTC (local time 2014-12-01; 08:13 @ epicenter)
- M 4.7 moderate earthquake in Arizona (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 12 km N of Sedona. Light to weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Mountainaire, Kachina Village, Sedona, Flagstaff, West Sedona, Big Park, Prescott Valley, Payson, Prescott, New River and Anthem. Click for detail report on Arizona earthquake.
05:57 UTC (local time 2014-11-30 22:57 @ epicenter)
- M 3.8 light earthquake in Alaska (@ 22 km depth) with epicenter located 29 km SW of Valdez. It will have been well felt by the people of Knik-Fairview and Anchorage.
00:10 UTC (local time 2014-11-30; 15:10 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flash flood in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
-Flash flood has affected Jalan Sulaman near 1 Borneo shopping mall, Jalan Sepanggar, Jalan Tuaran, Maktab Sabah and Kepayan Ridge, New Straits Times Online reported.
-According to the Malaysian Meteorology Department, more thunderstorms, heavy rain and strong winds are expected tonight.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- No major volcanic activities recorded today.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Tropical Storm Hagupit
-As of 20:00 UTC, TS Hagupit was located located approximately 484 nm south- southeast of Andersen AFB, Guam
-Residents of the Philippines are on alert for possible severe dangers from strengthening Hagupit. Click for detail report on TS Hagupit.
Natural Disaster News
- A Saudi court has jailed 45 people in connection with deadly flooding in Jeddah in 2009.
- A study by International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) has shown that Education makes people less vulnerable to natural disasters such as floods, landslides and storms that are expected to intensify with climate change. The study explored the links between fatality rates in natural disasters and education levels.
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.