Recent Natural Disasters 2014: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Floods in Thua Thien - Hue Province of Vietnam
-Floods in Vietnam's central Thua Thien - Hue Province have claimed lives of at least two children.
-The two children were cycling to their school when they fell into the river and drowned. Click for detail report on Vietnam floods.
- Flash flood warning for El Dorado, Placer and Nevada counties
-The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning for El Dorado, Placer and Nevada counties.
-The state Department of Transportation and city of Public Works Department has reported street flooding on roadways throughout the Sacramento area.
-Heavy rainfall has caused flooding in all major highways in the Sacramento area, The Sacramento Bee reported.
- M 3.3 light earthquake in Melbourne, Australia (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located between Pakenham and Berwick. This is the largest earthquake in 50 years to rattle the Melbourne’s east this morning. Click for detail report on this earthquake.
19:05 UTC (local time 2014-12-04; 06:05 @ epicenter)
- M 3.6 light earthquake in Palm Springs, California (@ 16 km depth) with epicenter located 16 km NNW of Palm Springs. Tremor was well felt in Cathedral City, Desert Hot Springs, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage. Click for detail report on Palm Springs earthquake.
- M 4.7 moderate earthquake in Papua New Guinea (@ 80 km depth) with epicenter located 68km W of Panguna.
02:19 UTC (local time 2014-12-04; 13:19 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flood damage in Morocco
-Government needs over 103 million dollars to repair flood damaged roads in Morocco, Minister of Equipment, Transport and Logistics, Aziz Rebbah said.
-The Royal Armed Forces and the Royal Gendarmerie have dispatched the basic foodstuff, blankets and tents to flood-hit areas by helicopters. Click for detail report on flood damage in Morocco.
Recent Volcanic Activity
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Super Typhoon Hagupit
-At 01:00 UTC, Super Typhoon Hagupit (Local name Ruby) was located 1,023 km East of Surigao City, Philippines.
-Hagupit is projected to have winds of 145 knots or 268.54 kph, and gustiness of 175 knots or 324.1 kph. Click for detail report on Super Typhoon Hagupit.
Natural Disaster News
- The American Red Cross has offered 20 percent discount through December 31 on seven American Red Cross online training courses under a “Friends and Family” holiday promotion. Click for detail news.
- Children born during and after 1997–1998 El Niño were on average shorter than others born before the event in Peru, according to a research published in the open access journal Climate Change Responses. Click for detail news.
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.