Recent Natural Disasters 2014: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Landslide in Mombasa, Kenya
-Landslide in Mombasa, Kenya has left 300 people homeless.
-Residents of Zaire Village in Jomvu constituency of Mombasa were advised to move out of their houses, Kenya Daily Nation reported. Click for detail report on this natural disaster.
- Storm in Sydney, Australia
-A severe thunderstorm that hit parts of Sydney, Australia has damaged more than 100 properties, The Reuters reported.
-More thunderstorms, hail and powerful winds are expected in New South Wales. Saturday is likely to be the worst day with heavy rains across one third of the state, News.com.au reported. Click for detail report on this natural disaster.
- M 5.1 moderate earthquake in Iceland (@ 7 km depth) with epicenter located 118km WNW of Hofn.
21:04 UTC (local time 2014-12-05; 21:04 @ epicenter)
- M 5.4 moderate earthquake in China (@ 8 km depth) with epicenter located 21km WSW of Weiyuan. Light to weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Jinghong, Longquan and Yuxi.18:43 UTC (local time 2014-12-06 02:43 @ epicenter)
- M 4.9 moderate earthquake in Mongolia (@ 18 km depth) with epicenter located 25 km S of Turt.
18:04 UTC (local time 2014-12-06; 02:04 @ epicenter)
- M 4.0 moderate earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 3 km depth) with epicenter located 8 km NW of Perkins. Light shaking of MMI IV will have felt by the people of Stillwater, Perkins, Langston, Cushing, Perry and Yale. People of Edmond, Oklahoma City, Norman, Tulsa and Broken Arrow will have felt weak shaking of MMI III.
03:54 UTC (local time 2014-12-04; 21:54 @ epicenter)
- M 2.7 weak earthquake in Kansas (@ 7 km depth) with epicenter located 26 km S of Anthony. People of Anthony and Enid will have weak tremor.
02:17 UTC (local time 2014-12-04 20:17 @ epicenter)
- M 4.2 light earthquake in Indonesia (@ 13 km depth) with epicenter located 38 km SSE of Lhokseumawe. People of Bireun and Langsa will have felt weak shaking of MMI III.
02:09 UTC (local time 2014-12-05 09:09 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
Recent Volcanic Activity
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Typhoon Hagupit
-At 03:00 UTC, Typhoon Hagupit was located 435 km East of Borongan, Eastern Samar.
-Hagupit is expected to make landfall Saturday evening over the Eastern Samar-Northern Samar area of Philippines. Click for detail report on Typhoon Hagupit.
Natural Disaster News
- Government has disbursed Rs 149 crore for Kashmir flood relief and rehabilitation. The information was revealed in a high level meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Muhammad Iqbal Khanday to take stock of flood relief and rehabilitation process being undertaken for the people affected in Kashmir Division. Click for detail report on Kashmir flood relief and rehabilitation.
- The Geminid meteor shower, one of the most anticipated events in the stargazing calendar can be viewed from locations all around the world. Geminid spectacular meteor shower lets you see 100 shooting stars per hour this December- here's how.
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.