Recent Natural Disasters 2014: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Heavy Snowstorm in Japan
- Heavy Snowstorm in Japan has claimed lives of at least six people and left 1,400 homes in Tokushima Prefecture without power, Japanese media reported.
-Fatalities are from Toyama, Tokushima and Fukui Prefecture of Japan.
-Nearly 200 households in Tokushima Prefecture have been stranded as roads to some communities are blocked, Japanese state news channel NHK World reported. Click for detail report on this natural disaster.
- M 4.8 moderate earthquake in Vrancea, Romania with epicenter located just 5 km NW of Marasheshty. Click for detail report on this earthquake.
21:04 UTC (local time 2014-12-07; 23:04 @ epicenter)
- M 6.8 strong earthquake in Papua New Guinea (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 116km WSW of Panguna. Light to weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Panguna, Kieta, Arawa, Gizo, Kokopo, Namatanai and Rabaul.
01:22 UTC (local time 2014-12-07; 11:22 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
Recent Volcanic Activity
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Typhoon Hagupit in Philippines
-At 10:00 a.m. local time, the eye of Typhoon Hagupit (local name 'Ruby') was located 20 km East of Cataingan, Masbate.
Natural Disaster News
- Maharashtra, India has spent at least Rs 13,000 crore on drought and flood relief between 2010 and 2014, The Indian Express reported.
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.