Recent Natural Disasters 2015: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Landslide in Bosnia kills 1, injures 3
-Landslide in Bosnia has claimed life of a person and injured three others. Landslide hit the central Bosnian town of Kakanj.
-Landslide also destroyed seven houses built on top of a coal mine.
-Injured people are having treatment at Emergency Department of the Cantonal Hospital in Zenica. Click here for detail report on Bosnia landslide.
- Tornado in Alma, Georgia, United States
-At least two people have been injured after a tornado touched down in the Rockingham community of Bacon County in Georgia.
-Injured people are having treatment at Bacon County Hospital.
- M 3.9 light earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 4 km depth) with epicenter located 4 km SSE of Perry. Light to weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Stillwater, Guthrie, Ponca City and Oklahoma City. 22:27 UTC (local time 2015-01-05; 16:27 @ epicenter)
- M 4.9 moderate earthquake in Iceland (@ 7 km depth) with epicenter located 117 km S of Akureyri. Weak tremor will have been felt by the people of Reykjavik, Kopavogur and Hafnarfjordur.
21:53 UTC (local time 2015-01-05; 21:53 @ epicenter)
- M 5.6 strong earthquake in New Zealand (@ 9 km depth) with epicenter located 44 km SSE of Hokitika. Light shaking of MMI IV will have been felt by the people of Hokitika, Methven, Greymouth, Darfield, Oxford, Rakaia, Ashburton, Kaiapoi and Christchurch. People of Westport and Timaru will have felt weak shaking of MMI III.17:48 UTC (local time 2015-01-06; 06:48 @ epicenter)
- M 3.7 light earthquake in Oregon (@ 7 km depth) with epicenter located 70 km ESE of Lakeview. Weak shaking will have been felt as far as Fort Bidwell.
01:47 UTC (local time 2015-01-04; 17:47 @ epicenter)Update: Another M 3.0 earthquake in Oregon with epicenter located 72 km ESE of Lakeview at 23:26 UTC
Recent Flash Floods
- Flooding in Mashonaland, Zimbabwe
-Flooding in Mashonaland, Zimbabwe has displaced more than 200 families. Around 52 houses and a secondary school have also been destroyed.
-The rainfall will continue throughout the country, The Herald Zimbabwe has written quoting the Meteorological Services Department.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- No major volcanic activity recorded today.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- No new active tropical cyclone recorded today.
Natural Disaster News
- The paper by Chandra Sekhar Bahinipati of Ahmedabad- based Gujarat Institute of Development Research has revealed that Balasore, Kendrapara, Jajpur, Bhadrak, Nabarangpur, Rayagada, Nuapada, Malkangiri, Kalahandi and Puri areas of India are most vulnerable to natural disasters.
Useful information to read this recent natural disaster 2015 list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.