Recent Natural Disasters 2015: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Heavy rains in Faisalabad, Pakistan
-House collapsed due to heavy rainfall has claimed lives of three kids and injured two others in Tehsil Tandlianwala village of Faisalabad.
-The injured have been shifted to the Tehsil Hospital, Dunya News reported.
- Hailstorm in Kaeng Khro district of Thailand
-Hailstorm in Kaeng Khro district of Thailand has claimed life of a person and damaged around 100 homes.
-Officials have been send to assess the damage and propose a disaster-aid budget, The Nation reported.
- M 3.9 light earthquake in Serbia (@ 6 km depth) with epicenter located 15 km S of Valjevo. It will have been well felt by the people of Uzice, Lazarevac, Cacak and Belgrade. 2015-03-08; 20:47 UTC
- M 4.8 moderate earthquake in Canada (@ 20 km depth) with epicenter located 206 km SSW of Port Hardy. Slight tremor will have been felt by the people of Campbell River, Courtenay and Port Alberni.
2015-03-08; 20:42 UTC
- M 2.5 weak earthquake in Tennessee (@ 18 km depth) with epicenter located 11 km ESE of Kingston. Weak tremor will have been felt by the people of Oak Ridge, Farragut and Maryville.
2015-03-08; 17:35 UTC
- M 3.5 light earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 5 km depth) with epicenter located 6 km WSW of Luther. It will have been well felt by the people of Choctaw, Edmond, Midwest City and Oklahoma City.
2015-03-08; 16:48 UTC
- M 4.4 light earthquake in Burma (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 15 km E of Shwebo. Weak tremor will have been felt by the people of Mandalay, Mogok and Sagaing.
2015-03-08; 05:45 UTC
Recent Flash Floods
- Flooding and landslip in Scotland
-Heavy rain has landslide and flooding on roads across parts of the Highlands in Scotland.
-At least eight people have been rescued from a flooded caravan park near Beauly, BBC reported.
-More than 30 flood warnings are in place across Scotland.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- No major volcanic activity reported today.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Possible cyclone in Australia
-A low pressure system off northeastern Australia holds up to a 50 percent chance of intensifying to cyclone strength over the next two days, Reuters has written quoting Australia's Bureau of Meteorology.
-No cyclone advice has been issued in the projected track.
Natural Disaster News
- China has send flood relief aid to Sri Lanka. Flood rlief aid includes 40 diesel motors, 100 water pumps and 25 speedboats, Xinhua has written quoting the Chinese Ministry of Commerce (MOC). In late December, torrential rain triggered floods in several regions of Sri Lanka and killed more than 30 people.
Useful information to read this recent natural disasters list March 8, 2015
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.