Recent Natural Disasters 2016: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Cyclone Ula causes state of emergency in Tonga
-Cyclone Ula has prompted state of emergency in Tonga as locals and tourists have been told to brace for "very destructive" winds and potential "flash flooding".
-According to the Fua'amotu Tropical Cyclone Warning Centre, Vava'u, Tongatapu, Ha'apai and 'Eua are expected to feel the worst of the tropical cyclone.
-Cyclone Ula is predicted to lose intensity as it heads away from Tonga towards Fiji's southern islands.
- M 4.8 moderate earthquake in Ecuador (@ 31.1 miles depth) with epicenter located 63 km WNW of Cotacachi. Weak shaking of MMI III will have been felt by the people of Otavalo, Atuntaqui, Ibarra and Quito.
17:15 UTC (local time: 12:15; 2016-01-01 @ epicenter)
- M 5.8 strong harmless earthquake in New Zealand (@ 23.8 miles depth) with epicenter located 80km ENE of Raoul Island.
15:02 UTC (local time: 04:02; 2016-01-02 @ epicenter)
- M 4.2 light earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 3.1 miles depth) with epicenter located 5 km NE of Edmond. Light to weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Guthrie, Oklahoma City, Choctaw and Warr Acres.
11:39 UTC (local time: 05:39; 2016-01-01 @ epicenter)
- M 6.3 earthquake in Western Indian - Antarctic Ridge (@ 6.2 miles) with epicenter located 1000 km SSW of Geeveston, Australia.
02:00 UTC (local time: 13:00; 2016-01-01 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Mississippi River Flooding
-At least four people have been reported missing, two each in Missouri and Illinois.
-The worst flooding was on the smaller Meramec River.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- The Colima volcano in Mexico has been spewing out large columns of ash into the air, with two major eruptions within an hour and a half of each other, BBC reported.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Cyclone Ula has prompted state of emergency in Tonga as locals and tourists have been told to brace for "very destructive" winds and potential "flash flooding".
Natural Disaster News
- Snowstorm in Istanbul, Turkey
-Heavy snow storm has affected the northern and central areas of Turkey.
-Turkish Airlines has cancelled 265 flights in and out of Istanbul's main Ataturk airport.
- According to Insurer Munich Re, 2015 saw the lowest natural disaster losses worldwide since 2009. Click for detail report
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List January 1, 2016
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.