Recent Natural Disasters 2016: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Landslide in Darjeeling, India
-A landslide in Darjeeling district of West Bengal state of India has claimed lives of two people and injured five others.
-The landslide took place at around 5:30 am in Bhotabhir, area close to Sikkim border, Press Trust of India (PTI) mentioned. Click for detail report on Darjeeling landslide
- Severe weather in Sydney, Australia
-Severe storm in Sydney has claimed life of at least one person and injured another Thursday afternoon.
-The man died after his car, travelling on the Great Western Highway, was crushed by a large tree at Emu Plains in the city's west, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) reported quoting New South Wales Ambulance Inspector Murray Traynor. Click for detail report on Sydney storm
- M 4.0 light earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 4km depth) with epicenter located 14 km NNW of Medford. It will have been well felt by the people of Caldwell, Anthony, Harper, Blackwell, Cherokee, Enid, Ponca City, Wichita, Hutchinson and Stillwater.
23:15 UTC (local time: 17:15; 2016-01-14 @ epicenter)
- M 3.5 light earthquake in California (@ 5 km depth) with epicenter located 16 km WNW of Johannesburg. Weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Weldon, Ridgecrest, Inyokern and Barstow.
04:23UTC (local time: 20:23; 2016-01-13 @ epicenter)
- M 6.1 strong earthquake in Bolivia (@ 583 km depth) with epicenter located 7 km WSW of Charagua. The nearest populated area is Santa Cruz de la Sierra where weak shaking is expected. It will have been well felt by the people of Tarija, Sucre, Cochabamba, Potosi, Villamontes and Cotoca.
03:25 UTC (local time: 23:25; 2016-01-13 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flood warning in Anglia region, England
-The Environment Agency has issued flood warnings and flood alerts for the Anglia region.
-Flood warning has been issued for Norfolk Coast from Keswick to Ostend including Walcott.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Kilauea volcano in Hawaii
-Eruptive activity continues at Kīlauea Volcano's summit and East Rift Zone.
-These flows currently pose no threat to nearby communities.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Hurricane Alex
-Alex has become a hurricane in the eastern Atlantic Ocean.
-As of 11 p.m. AST Thursday, Hurricane Alex was located about 275 miles (445 kilometers) south-southwest of Faial Island in the central Azores.
-The Azores Meteorological Service has issued a hurricane warning for the islands of Faial, Pico, Sao Jorge, Graciosa, and Terceira in the central Azores.
Natural Disaster News
- The Pakistan Red Crescent and Leads Pakistan have joined hands for ‘Pakistan Coalition for Resilience’ to improve disaster management strategies in the country.
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List January 14, 2016
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.