Recent Natural Disasters 2016: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Powerful storm in southern California
-A powerful Pacific storm in southern California claimed life of a person, knocking out power to thousands in San Diego.
-A large oak tree fell during Sunday’s storm crushed a car in Pacific Beach, killing a woman inside across Ingraham Street near Fortuna Avenue about 3:15 p.m. Click for detail report on southern California storm
- Severe thunderstorm warning for Brisbane
-The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the Redland and Logan areas of Brisbane, Australia.
-Strong winds and large hailstones are set to hit south of Brisbane.
- M 3.7 light earthquake in Assam, India (@ 33 km depth) with epicenter located 33 km SW of Bokākhāt. Weak tremor will have been felt by the people of Itanagar.
23:49 UTC (local time: 05:19; 2016-02-02 @ epicenter)
- M 6.2 strong but harmless earthquake in New Zealand (@ 382 km depth) with epicenter located 120 km WNW of L'Esperance Rock. The residential areas are far from epicenter.
19:00 UTC (local time: 08:00; 2016-02-02 @ epicenter)
- M 4.6 moderate earthquake in Central Iran (@ 2 km depth) with epicenter located 103 km N of Bāfq. Weak tremor will have been felt as far as Kermān.
13:46 UTC (local time: 17:16; 2016-02-01 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flash flood in East Java, Indonesia
-Flash flood in Situbondo district, East Java destroyed houses Sunday morning after Silowogo river overflew following the heavy rain.
-The flash flood hit houses in Silowogo village, Bungatan district at 3 am on Sunda. Click for detail report on Java flood
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Karymsky volcano in Russia
-Karymsky volcano in Russia spewed ashes up to 3,000 meters prompting authorities to issue an "orange" code of warning for aviation.
-Ash emissions at Karymsky volcano was recorded by satellites of Kamchatka Volcanic Eruption Response Team (KVERT). Click for detail report on Karymsky volcano eruption
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Cyclone Stan in Australia
-Tropical Cyclone Stan, which dumped heavy rain on inland parts of Western Australia, is rapidly heading towards Southern part.
-Stan was downgraded to a tropical low on Sunday afternoon.
-Earlier, Red Alert was issued for people between Port Hedland and Wallal, including Pardoo, Eighty Mile and Wallal. Click for detail report on Cyclone Stan
Natural Disaster News
- Kerala government is collaborating with World Bank to establish four centers for managing natural disaster in India. According to the state disaster management authority, multipurpose cyclone risk mitigation centres will be set up at Kumbaanghi, Njarakkal, Kovilakathu Kadavu and Puthenvelikkara regions of Kerala. Click for detail report
- Are you going to purchase flood insurance policies in Missouri? Are you searching the information regarding eligibility, cost, insurance companies and others. Then you have landed to the right place. Get these quick five tips before purchasing flood insurance policies in Missouri as prescribed by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Click for detail report on Missouri flood insurance policies
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List February 1, 2016
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.