Recent Natural Disasters 2016: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Sandstorm in Saudi Arabia
-Several flights have been disrupted, classes in schools have been suspended as heavy sandstorm engulfed many parts of Jeddah on Sunday.
-King Abdul Aziz International Airport in Jeddah suspended flights for about an hour in the morning, delaying 28 local and international flights, Saudi Gazette reported.
-A state of emergency has been declared in Makkah.
-Two people died due to sandstorm. Click for detail report on Jeddah sandstorm
- Tornado in Lake Charles, Louisiana
-A tornado touched down on the southeast side of Lake Charles damaging one home, the National Weather Service confirmed.
-EF 1 tornado with winds of 100 mph damaged a roof off of the home Thursday morning. Click for detail report on Louisiana tornado
- M 2.7 weak earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 6 km depth) with epicenter located 24 km WNW of Medford. It will have been well felt by the people of Wakita.
16:07 UTC (local time: 11:07; 2016-03-26 @ epicenter)
- M 4.2 light earthquake in Japan (@ 44 km depth) with epicenter located 4 km WSW of Mitsukaido. Weak tremor of MMI III will have been felt by the people of Iwai, Moriya, Noda and Tokyo.
13:33 UTC (local time: 22:33; 2016-03-26 @ epicenter)
- M 5.6 strong earthquake in Carlsberg Ridge (@ 10 kmdepth) with epicenter located 611 km WSW of Hithadhoo, Maldives. Residential areas are far from the epicenter.
03:24 UTC (local time: 08:54; 2016-03-26 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- No major flooding events recorded today.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Pavlof Volcano eruption in Alaska
-Pavlof Volcano erupted sending ash cloud up to 20,000 feet in the air, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
-The Aviation Color Code has been raised to red and the Volcano alert has been raised to Warning.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- No new tropical cyclone formed today.
Natural Disaster News
- Wagoner County Emergency Management did an emergency preparedness expo. The expo featured educational sessions and vendor booths on display like storm shelters, generator companies, insurance companies, Storm Chasers and emergency vehicles.
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List March 26, 2016
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.