This list contains all major natural disasters in India in 2013 with detail report.
Click for most recent natural disasters in India
Click for most recent natural disasters in India
- September 25: 40,000 evacuated amid Gujarat flooding
Around 40,000 people have been evacuated and moved to safe place following heavy flooding in Gujarat
- September 17: Lightning in Odisha, India
Lightning strikes in Odisha, India have claimed lives of at least 11 people and injured 15 others.
- September 14: Hail storm in Chennai
3rd time in 5 years!
- September 3: Recent landslide in Sikkim
Recent landslide in Sikkim has claimed lives of five people including four of a single family.
- August 22: Odisha flood kills 2, displaces 1,000
Flash floods in Odisha, India have claimed lives of two people and displaced about 1,000 others, The Times Of India reported.
- August 16: Heavy rain in J&K claims 2
House collapse due to heavy rains in Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir has claimed lives of at least two women.
- August 15: Jammu and Kashmir floods
Jammu and Kashmir floods have claimed lives of at least ten people including four children.
- August 14: Uttar Pradesh lightning strikes
Five women were killed after being struck by lightning in separate incidents in Kaushambi, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- August 5: Landslide in Kerala
Landslide triggered by heavy downpour in Kerala, India has claimed lives of at least nine people.
- August 5: Maharashtra Flooding
Recent floods in Chandrapur district in Maharashtra, India have claimed lives of at least 20 people.
- August 2: Earthquake shakes Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana
M 5.4 moderate earthquake shakes Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana region of Northern India today.
- August 1: Uttarakhand landslide disaster
Landslide in Uttarakhand, India has claimed lives of at least nine people.
- July 18: Floods in AP, UP claims 9
Heavy rain and floods have claimed lives of at least nine people and displaced thousands of people in Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh regions of India.
- July 12: Flooded river in Bihar engulfs 9 kids
Flooded tributary of the Kosi river in Bihar, India has claimed lives of 10 people including nine kids.
- July 12: Flash floods in Odisha and Hyderabad
Flash floods in Odisha and Hyderabad state of India have claimed lives of at least three people and left two missing.
- July 12: Landslide in Nainital, India
Landslide in Nainital district of Uttarakhand, India has claimed lives of six people.
- July 10: Mumbai landslide claims 2
Landslide at Antop Hill in Mumbai, India has claimed lives of at least two people and critically injured one other.
- July 8: Tripura earthquake shakes Bangladesh
Tremor was felt in several parts of northeast India and Bangladesh.
- July 4: Karnataka floods claim lives of 6
Flash floods in Karnataka has claimed lives of six people.
- July 4: Assam flooding claims 1, washes 300 villages
Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has predicted heavy rainfall in the next three-four days in Assam.
- July 3: Major landslide near Goa check post
A major landslide has hit Anmod Ghat along Goa-Karnataka road.
- June 24: Flash flood in Odisha
Heavy rainfall has caused flash flood in Odisha's Kalahandi district affecting nearly 15,000 people, Revenue and Disaster Management Department official said.
- June 19: Kedarnath floods 2013
Massive flooding and mudslides at Kedarnath Temple has claimed lives of at least 50 people.
- June 18: Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand flood 2013
Heavy rainfall has caused devastating floods and landslides across North India, especially in the states of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
- June 16: Landslides hit parts of India, delays Nilgiri Mountain Rail Service
Several landslide disasters have hit Himachal and Maharashtra region of India delaying Nilgiri Mountain Rail service.
- June 13: Landslide in Uttarakhand
Around 15,000 tourists were stranded along Rishikesh-Gangotri National Highway, following a landslide in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, India, a disaster management official said.
- June 12: Assam heat wave
Assam heat wave kills 6, highest temperature in 33 years.
- June 12: Landslide en route Vaishno Devi
Landslide triggered by heavy rainfall en route Mata Vaishno Devi, India has claimed life of one woman pilgrim.
- June 11: J&K flash floods
Flash floods in Udhampur and Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir region of India have claimed life of at least one people.
- June 5: Bihar lightning strikes
Lightning strikes in Bihar, India have claimed lives of at least 27 people including women and children, Disaster Management Department said.
- May 26: Landslide in Kashmir, India
Heavy rainfall caused flooding and landslide in Srinagar and other parts of Kashmir valley.
- May 21: Heat wave in Odisha, India
Intense heat has claimed lives of at least three people in Odisha, India.
- May 13: Cyclone 'Mahasen' effect in India
Cyclonic storm Mahasen causes heavy rains in Chennai, India; portion of ceiling falls down in airport; 3 injured.
- May 12: Hailstorm in India
Mild thunderstorm accompanied by hailstorm in Sheikhpura district of India have claimed lives of at least three people.
- May 11: Landslide in Mizoram, India
Thunderstorm and landslides in Mizoram, India have claimed lives of 10 people with seven reported missing.
- May 9: Over 200 asbestos homes damaged in Mizoram, India hailstorm
Hailstorms have damaged over 200 houses with tin- roofed and asbestos walls in Mizoram, India.
- May 9: Cyclonic storms in Tripura, India
Cyclonic storms in Tripura, India claim 7.
- May 9: Cyclone Mahasen in Tamilnadu
It is predicted to bring heavy rainfall in Tamil Nadu, India next week.
- May 2: Cyclonic storm in Meghalaya
Cyclonic storm in Meghalaya's West Khasi Hills district in India has claimed life of at least one person and injured 25 others.
- May 1: Lightning in Assam, India
Lightning in Assam's Chirang district has injured nineteen people.
- May 1: Strong earthquake in Kashmir today
Get update report on this Kashmir earthquake.
- April 27: Mudslide in Zojila, Kashmir
Mudslide in Zojila along Srinagar-Kargil Road has claimed lives of one person.
- April 18: Kolkata storm claims 3 lives
Storm in Kolkata, India has claimed lives of three people including a three-year-old girl.
- April 17: Hailstorms in Odisha, India
Hailstorms in Balasore area of Odisha have injured at least three people.
- April 16: Earthquake in Assam, India kills 1, injures 3
Earthquake triggered landslide in Assam which killed one and injured 3 others.
- April 16: Avalanche in Kashmir, India
An avalanche in Kashmir, India has claimed lives of at least three people.
- April 15: Dust storm in Chhattisgarh, India
Dust storm in Chhattisgarh region of India has claimed lives of at least six people.
- April 11: Storm in Meghalaya
Cyclonic storm in Meghalaya, India has claimed lives of three people and injured more than 50 others.
- April 9: Landslide on Jammu-Srinagar highway
Landslide on Jammu-Srinagar highway in India has killed an officer of an international company.
- March 30: Lightning strikes in Uttar Pradesh, India
Recent lightning strikes in Uttar Pradesh, India have claimed eight lives.
- March 30: Earthquake in Kutch, Gujarat
Magnitude 4.5 light earthquake in Gujarat today shook Bhuj city of Kutch district in India.
- March 27: Hailstorm in Assam, India
Hailstorm in Assam, India has injured six people.
- March 24: Forest fire in Tamil Nadu, India
Forest fire in Udhagamandalam area of Tamil Nadu, India has destroyed 10 acres of reserve forest
- March 18: Severe thunderstorm and tornado in Odisha
At least twelve have been injured by severe thunderstorm and tornado in Odisha, India.
- March 17: Lightning strikes in Madhya Pradesh kills 10
At least twelve people have died in lightning strikes in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- March 13: Landslide in Jammu and Kashmir, India
Landslide in Kudpora Waghama, in Bijbehara area has killed a 15 years old girl.
- March 12: Landslide in Uttarakhand, India
A landslide in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, India has killed 10 pilgrims.
- March 6: Forest fire in Mumbai, India
A huge forest fire has affected the area of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park and a part of Film City (Bollywood) in Mumbai.
- March 2: Strong earthquake near Shillong, Meghalaya, India
M 5.5 earthquake shakes India-Bangladesh today, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
- February 25: Rains and thundershowers in Uttar Pradesh, India
Rains and thundershowers in Uttar Pradesh have killed two people.
- February 6: Hailstorms in Madhya Pradesh, India
Hailstorms have killed one and damaged crops in 80 villages of Tikamgarh, Chhatarpur of Madhya Pradesh, India.
- February 6: Avalanche in Himachal Pradesh, India
Seven people have died in an avalanche disaster in Kafnu village, Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh, India.
- February 3: Snow avalanche in Uttarakhand, India
Avalanche disaster in Dehradun district of India killed two people.
- January 31: Hailstorm in Andhra Pradesh, India
Hailstorm killed at least 9 people in Chevella, Moinabad and Shankarpally area of India.
- January 22: Avalanche in Himachal Pradesh, India
Avalanche disaster in hamlet (Sangla valley) in Himachal Pradesh killed 35 yaks.
- January 19: Mudslide in Bangalore, India
Mudslide in VV Puram, Bangalore, India killed a construction worker.
Related natural disaster posts: