Recent Natural Disasters 2014: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Landslide in Sankhuwasabha, Nepal
-A landslide in Sankhuwasabha district of Nepal has claimed lives of at least five people.
-The landslide occurred at Fachayang, Syabun-3 of Sankhuwasabha around 1:00 am Tuesday morning. Click for detail report on Sankhuwasabha landslide
- Storm in Bratislava, Slovakia
-Heavy rainfall and storm hit Western Slovakia and its capital Bratislava, Xinhua News Agency said.
-The storm has also caused problems for Bratislava public transport.
- Lightning strike in Scarborough, Canada
-Lightning strike at Morningside Park in Scarborough, Toronto, Canada has injured four people.
-Four patients were all from the same family, the Toronto Police said. They were seeking shelter at a picnic table under an oak tree, The Star reported.
- M 3.3weak shallow earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 9 km depth) with epicenter located 9 km ESE of Edmond. It will have well felt by the people of Choctaw, Midwest City, Del City and Oklahoma City.
18:23 UTC (local time 2014-08-04, 13:23 @ epicenter)
- M 4.1 light earthquake in Yangon, Myanmar with epicenter located near Kaba-aye seismological observatory. Click for detail report on Yangon earthquake
09:11 UTC (local time 2014-08-03, 15:41 @ epicenter)
- M 4.7 moderate earthquake in Japan (@ 35 km depth) with epicenter located 27km ESE of Otsuchi. Weak shaking will have felt by the people of Kamaishi, Yamada and Miyako.
05:28 UTC (local time 2014-08-04, 14:58 @ epicenter)
- M 4.9 moderate earthquake in Mexico (@ 47 km depth) with epicenter located 26km S of San Francisco del Mar. Weak shaking will have felt by the people of Union Hidalgo, Salina Cruz and Juchitan de Zaragoza.
04:25 UTC (local time 2014-08-03, 23:25 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Mudslides and floods in Southern California
-Mudslides and floods in Southern California have claimed life of a person and stranded thousands of people.
-One person was found dead after swift-moving floods swept the car off a Mount Baldy road. Click for detail report on Southern California mudslide
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Volcanic eruption in Kagoshima, Japan
-A volcano erupted around midday on Aug. 3, marking the first eruption of Mount Shindake in 34 years, The Asahi Simbun reported.
-The plume of volcanic ash reached a height of more than 800 meters above the mountain's crater. Click for detail report on Shindake volcano eruption
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Hurricane Bertha
-Bertha has became the second hurricane of the 2014 Atlantic season.
-At 15:00 UTC, Hurricane Bertha was located about 370 km ENE of Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas.
- Hurricane Iselle
-Hurricane Iselle is moving toward the west near 10 mph.
-At 15:00 UTC, Hurricane Iselle was located 2,005 km E of Hilo, Hawaii.
- Tropical Storm Julio
-TS Julio is moving toward the west near 13 mph.
-At 15:00 UTC, TS Julio was located 1,445 km SW of the southern tip of Baja California.
Natural Disaster News
- Death toll from landslide in Sidhupalchowk has risen to 23 while over 100 people still missing in the incident.
- Over 65,000 people have been evacuated in Bihar, India amid a flood alert, following a rise in the water level of Koshi river. Around 123 relief camps have been set up in Supaul, Madhepura, Saharsa, Araria, Purnea, Madhubani and Darbhanga area.
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.