This list contains all major natural disasters in United States in 2015 with detail report.
Click for most recent natural disasters in United States
Click for most recent natural disasters in United States
- December 27: Tornado in Garland, Texas
Eight people have died by tornado in Garland, Texas, raising the death toll to 26 in a week of storms in several US states.
- December 24: Severe storm system in parts of the South and Midwest United States
Severe storm system in parts of the South and Midwest United States claimed lives of at least six people on Wednesday, bringing several tornadoes in Indiana, Illinois, Mississippi and Tennessee.
- December 22: Avalanche in southern Montana
An avalanche in southern Montana has claimed life of a snowmobiler.
- November 19: Severe storm in Washington state
Severe storm in Washington state has claimed lives of three people and left about 185,000 homes and businesses without power.
- November 9: Massive sinkhole in Mississippi
A massive sinkhole has swallowed 15 cars in an IHOP parking lot in Meridian, Mississippi.
- November 6: Earthquake swarm at Yellowstone National Park
A small earthquake swarm of 23 earthquakes occurred at Yellowstone National Park region on October 13 and 14 (MDT), Yellowstone Volcano Observatory mentioned.
- November 2: Flooding in Texas
Flooding triggered by heavy storm and rainfall has claimed lives of at least six people and left two other missing in Texas.
- October 26: FEMA urges all Californians to buy flood insurance
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has urged all Californians to buy low-cost federally subsidized flood insurance in anticipation of the most powerful El Niño condition in history.
- October 4: Massive hailstorm hit Las Cruces
Massive hailstorm hit Las Cruces with golf ball-sized hail, for about five-minute intervals between 1:30 and 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
- October 4: State of emergency in South Carolina
US President Barack Obama has declared a state of emergency in South Carolina, as the weather system connected to Hurricane Joaquin in the Caribbean is expected to make the situation worse.
- October 2: Volcano Mount Veniaminof prompts alert
An Alaska Peninsula volcano Mount Veniaminof has prompted a new alert on Thursday.
- September 28: flash flood emergency in Mississippi
A flash flood emergency has been declared until 8 p.m. Sunday for the eastern part of Jackson County, Mississippi, including Pascagoula, Moss Point and Escatawpa, the National Weather Service said.
- September 16: Flash flood in Hildale, Utah
Flash flood in Hildale, Utah has claimed lives of at least sixteen people and left four others missing.
- September 16: Emergency declared for wildfire-ravaged Washington state
President Barack Obama has declared an emergency for wildfire-ravaged Washington state.
- August 7: Super Typhoon Soudelor hammers Saipan
Super Typhoon Soudelor hammered the island of Saipan in the Western Pacific ocean leaving trails of widespread damage.
- August 7: Tornado in southeast Alabama
A tornado has injured five people and damaged a Wal-Mart shopping center in southeast Alabama.
- July 20: Flooding in Ohio
Flooding triggered by heavy downpour in Ohio has claimed life of a pregnant woman with her fifth child and two of her children.
- July 17: Tornado in far Western Illinois
Tornado in far Western Illinois has caused severe damage Thursday evening prompting the Governor to activate the State Emergency Operations Center.
- July 16: Flash flooding in Johnson County
Flash flooding in Johnson County has claimed lives of at least two person and left six others missing.
- June 29: Puerto Rico asteroid prediction
Puerto Rico asteroid prediction has currently become viral claiming massive earthquakes and tsunamis enough to devastate the east coast of the United States, Mexico, central and southern America this September.
- June 23: Tornado in Coal City, Illinois
The National Weather Service has confirmed a tornado in Coal City, Illinois at 9:58 p.m Monday.
- June 19: Tropical Depression Bill
Tropical Depression Bill, the second named storm of the 2015 Atlantic hurricane season, has claimed lives of atleast three people in central United States.
- June 13: Drought emergency in Oregon
Drought emergency in Oregon has now covered more than half of its counties after Gov. Kate Brown added four more in the list.
- June 4: Wildfire in Douglas
A wildfire about 30 miles east of Douglas has burned approximately 2,000 acres as of Wednesday afternoon.
- June 3: Misconceptions about Yellowstone volcano
It is often heard that Yellowstone Park is a Super Volcano - an eruption would destroy America and cause huge devastation.
- May 29: Flooding in Houston, Texas
At least seven people have died in flooding in Houston, Texas.
- May 24: Flash flooding in parts of Oklahoma city and Texas
Heavy rainfall has triggered flash flooding in parts of Oklahoma city and Texas.
- May 22: Disaster recovery center in Franklin County to close
A disaster recovery center in Franklin County will close Saturday, May 23, at 6 p.m. (EDT).
- May 12: Tornadoes in Texas and Arkansas
At least five people died after tornadoes battered several small communities in Texas and Arkansas.
- May 11: Tornado in Delmont, South Dakota
Tornado in Delmont, South Dakota has injured at least nine people and damaged dozens of buildings.
- May 7: Flash flood emergency for first time in Oklahoma City metro area
The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a flash flood emergency for the first time in Oklahoma City metro area.
- April 24: Rare tornado in West Oahu, Hawaii
A rare tornado touched down in West Oahu, Hawaii Thursday afternoon, the National Weather Service confirmed.
- April 22: Tornado in the Southern California desert
A tornado touched down in the Southern California desert sometime between 3:45 and 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
- April 16: Windstorm in Salt Lake City
Windstorm in Salt Lake City has claimed life of a person and injured 25 others.
- April 10: Damaging tornado in Illinois today
A powerful damaging tornado in Illinois today has claimed life of a person and injured seven others.
- April 4: Tornado in Pomona, CA
Tornado in Pomona has damaged at least 17 houses including two shops and a church.
- March 5: Boston Snow Storm 2015 close to break its all-time record
Boston Snow Storm 2015 could break its all-time record as it is less than two inches away from its snowiest winter on record.