Recent Natural Disasters 2015: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Recent Natural Disasters
- Wildfires in South Australia
-At least two people are reported to be missing in wildfires in South Australia.
-More than 800 firefighters are struggling to control the blaze.
-At least 13 homes were confirmed destroyed with fears for 20 more. Click for detail report on South Australia wildfires.
- Landslide in Namosi, Fiji
-Landslide has closed road along Namuamua in Namosi.
-Landslide will impact the 3 villages of Nakavika, Vunidavo and Wainiyavu, Fiji Broadcasting Corporation reported.
- M 3.7 light earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 4 km depth) with epicenter located 4 km SSW of Guthrie. Light to weak shaking will have been felt by the people of Edmond, Warr Acres, Bethany and Oklahoma City.
21:37 UTC (local time 2015-01-04; 15:37 @ epicenter)
- M 4.3 light earthquake in Romania (@ 119 km depth) with epicenter located 8 km N of Gura Teghii.People of Nehoiu, Covasna and Maneciu will have felt weak shaking of MMI III.
19:40 UTC (local time 2015-01-04; 21:40 @ epicenter)
- M 4.5 moderate earthquake in California (@ 9 km depth) with epicenter located 14 km N of Castaic. Click for detail report on Castaic, California earthquake.
03:18 UTC (local time 2015-01-03; 19:18 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flash flood watch for southern Arkansas
-The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for portions of southern Arkansas.
Recent Volcanic Activity
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Natural disaster warnings have been issued for southern provinces of Thailand. The tropical storm Jangmi is expected to bring heavy rainfall in Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Pattani, Narathiwat, Yala and Satun provinces during Jan 4-6.
- Two cyclones are expected to hit Fiji in coming three months. These two forecasted cyclones are Category three and beyond, Fiji Sun has written quoting the National Weather Forecasting Center Nadi.
Natural Disaster News
- Public meetings are called to discuss natural disaster preparedness plans later this week in Warren county. Natural disaster preparedness plans are scheduled to be discussed on Thursday at 6 p.m. in Crandall Public Library and Jan. 13 at 6 p.m. in the state Department of Environmental Conservation office on Golf Course Road in Warrensburg.
- A high level meeting of Army and Civil Administration met together at Army cantonment at Wuzur to assess the preparedness for disaster management in winter months in South Kashmir.
Useful information to read this daily natural disaster list
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Recent Natural Disasters (real time update report on rolling natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.