Recent Natural Disasters 2015: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Strong storm in Italy
-Heavy rains and strong storm in Italy today have claimed lives of at least two people.
-A woman was crushed by a falling tree in Urbino in the Emilia Romagna region while a man died near the Tuscan city of Lucca when his Ford Focus was hit by a rock. Click for detail report on storm in Italy.
- Snow storm in Boston
-Recent Snow Storm in Boston could break its all-time record as it is less than two inches away from its snowiest winter on record.
-According to NWS Boston, Boston Snow Storm 2015 has already occupied the second position in the list. Total snowfall this 2014-2015 winter season was at 105.7 inches Wednesday morning, which is less than 2 inches below the record of 107.6 inches. Click for detail report on Boston snow storm 2015.
- M 2.9 weak earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 3 km depth) with epicenter located 3 km WSW of Cushing.
2015-03-05; 08:41 UTC
- M 4.4 light earthquake in Alaska (@ 64 km depth) with epicenter located 46 km NE of Talkeetna. It will have been well felt by the people of Anchorage, Willow, Meadow Lakes, Tanaina, Houston, Wasilla, Knik-Fairview, Palmer, Lakes and Gateway.
2015-03-05; 07:55 UTC
- M 4.6 moderate earthquake in Chile (@ 13km depth)with epicenter located 117 km SW of San Antonio. Weak tremor will have been felt as far as Santa Cruz and Santiago, Metropolitana.
2015-03-05; 02:08 UTC
- M 5.5 moderate earthquake in Indonesia (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 255 km SSE of Sinabang. Wesk shaking of MMI II will have been felt by the people of Sibolga and Onan Ganjang.
2015-03-05; 00:07 UTC
Recent Flash Floods
- No major floods reported today.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Mount Sinabung volcano eruption in Indonesia
-Mount Sinabung volcano eruption has caused a forest fire in Karo regency, North Sumatra, and forced the cancelation of a flight at Kuala Namu International Airport in Medan on Thursday. Click for detail report on Sinabung volcano.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- No new active cyclone recorded.
Natural Disaster News
- The number of people affected by river flooding worldwide could nearly triple in the next 15 years, according to the World Resources Institute (WRI). India has topped the list among countries with population affected by river flooding on average each year.
- The global economic losses from natural disasters in the world have continued rising to reach an average of $250 billion to $300 billion annually, according to a U.N. report released Wednesday. Click for detail report.
Useful information to read this recent natural disaster list March 5, 2015
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.