Recent Natural Disasters 2015: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Cyclone Pam in Vanuatu
-Death toll from Cyclone Pam in Vanuatu has risen to 24, Reuters reported.
-At least 3,300 people have been displaced and sheltering at 37 evacuation centres, the National Disaster Management Office said.
-A 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew had been imposed in the capital to prevent looting. Click for detail report on Cyclone Pam.
- M 4.2 light earthquake in Oklahoma with epicenter located 26 km SSE of Medford. Light shaking of MMI IV will have been felt by the people of Medford, Tonkawa and Enid. People of Blackwell, Perry, Waukomis, Stillwater, Wichita, Edmond, Midwest City and Oklahoma City will have felt weak shaking.
23:45 UTC (local time local time: 18:45; 2015-03-17 @ epicenter)
- M 6.2 strong earthquake in Indonesia (@ 46 km depth) with epicenter located 137 km NW of Kota Ternate. Maximum felt shaking intensity will be III in the Bitung, Tobelo, Ternate, Kota Ternate, Manado, Tondano, Laikit, Laikit II (Dimembe), Tomohon, Tompasobaru, Dumoga and Poigar areas of Inonesia.
22:12 UTC (local time: 06:12; 2015-03-18 @ epicenter)
- M 4.3 light earthquake in Algeria (@ 12 km depth) with epicenter located 36 km ENE of Mostaganem. It will have been well felt by the people of Djidiouia, Mazouna and Oued Rhiou.
15:57 UTC (local time local time: 16:57; 2015-03-17 @ epicenter)
- M 3.0 weak earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 4 km depth) with epicenter located 17 km ENE of Perry. Weak tremor will have been felt by the people of Stillwater, Ponca City and Guthrie.
00:03 UTC (local time: 19:03; 2015-03-16 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Indonesia dam burst triggers floods
- A dam burst in West Java province of Indonesia has triggered floods that affected over 15,000 people and caused evacuation.
-The dam at Cimanuk river at Pilangsari village of Indramayu district burst on Monday and forced at least 4,000 people to flee home. Click for detail report on Indonesia dam burst.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- No major volcanic activities recorded today.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Tropical Storm Bavi
-At 01:00 UTC, Tropical storm Bavi was located approximately 358 nm north-northwest of Yap.
-TS Bavi' is expected to enter the Philippine area of responsibility (PAR) on Tuesday.
-Bavi will be locally named ''Betty'' once it enters PAR, state weather bureau PAGASA said.
- Tropical Cyclone Nathan
-At 01:00 UTC, Tropical Cyclone Nathan was located approximately 273 nm northeast of Cairns, Australia.
-TC Nathan is forecast to threaten Queensland coast.
Natural Disaster News
- About a dozen people have been evacuated from their homes because of wildfire in Oklahoma today that has burned 37 square miles. Click for detail report on Oklahoma wildfire.
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List March 17, 2015
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.