Recent Natural Disasters 2015: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Landslide in Sao Paulo, Brazil
-A landslide in Sao Paulo, Brazil has claimed lives of three kids aged between 7 and 13.
-The landslide occurred in Santana do Parnaiba when the three brothers were sleeping with their mother at home, local Fire Brigade said Xinhua News Agency. Click for detail report on Brazil landslide.
- M 4.6 moderate earthquake in China (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 9 km SE of Songyang. It will have been well felt by the people of Jinma, Kunming and Majie.
09:59 UTC (local time: 17:59; 2015-03-09 @ epicenter)
- M 4.0 light earthquake in Oklahoma (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 5 km SSW of Guthrie. light shaking of MMI IV will have been felt by the people of Guthrie and Crescent. People of Langston, Piedmont, Edmond, Luther, Midwest City, Oklahoma City and Norman will have been felt weak shaking of MMI III. Click for detail report on Oklahoma earthquake.
03:24 UTC (local time: 22:24; 2015-03-08 @ epicenter)
- M 4.7 moderate earthquake in Chile (@ 99 km depth) with epicenter located 83 km NE of Iquique. Slight tremor will have been felt by the people of Iquique and Arica.
3:22 UTC (local time: 00:22:20.3 2015-03-09 @ epicenter)
- M 5.6 moderate earthquake in Panama (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 169 km S of Punta de Burica. People of La Esperanza, Guarumal, Pedregal, Finca Blanco Numero Uno, Finca Corredor, Progreso, Las Lomas, Puerto Armuelles, David, Sona and Santiago de Veraguas will have felt weak shaking of MMI III.
02:48 UTC (local time: 21:48; 2015-03-08 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flood safety warning in Australia
-At least 13 people have been rescued from flood waters near Tom Price and Paraburdoo.
-Flood warnings remain in the place for the Gascoyne and Ashburton river catchments.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Increasing activity at Mount Lokon volcano
-Mount Lokon in Tomohon, North Sulawesi, Indonesia has been showing increasing activity from recent days.
-Mounts Lokon and Mahawu of the Geological Disaster Mitigation and Volcanology Center Farid Ruskanda Bina has informed the Tomohon city administration to take the necessary steps and to keep the people away from the danger zone, The Jakarta Post has written.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Tropical Cyclone Haliba
-Tropical Cyclone Haliba has caused heavy rainfall in Mauritius today.
-According to the Mauritius Meteorological Services (MMS), Tropical Storm Haliba was located about 330 km to the west-south-west of Mauritius as of 10:00 am today and moving in an east-south-easterly direction at 15 km/h. Click for detail report on Haliba Cyclone.
Natural Disaster News
- The total death toll from natural disasters in 2014 was over 6,000, according to the Natural Disasters in Asia and the Pacific: 2014 Year in Review report, released by the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) on Monday. Click for detail on UN report.
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List March 9, 2015
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.