Recent Natural Disasters 2015: This natural disaster list covers important natural disasters in the world with detail update report.
Keep this page open or visit later to get update report.
Major Natural Disasters Today
- Heavy storm in South Canterbury and Otago, New Zealand
-Heavy storm in South Canterbury and Otago region of New Zealand have caused widespread power outage and fire.
-The damage caused to the power network was the worst Southland and Otago had seen in 20 years. Click for detail report on Canterbury storm
- M 5.7 strong sea quake in Alaska (@ 85 km depth) with epicenter located 74 km N of Amatignak Island. The epicenter is far from the populated area.
17:35 UTC ( local time: 02:35; 2015-10-06 @ epicenter)
- M 5.9 strong earthquake in Chile (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located 43 km SSW of Coquimbo. Light shaking of MMI IV will have been felt by the people of Ovalle, Coquimbo, La Serena, Monte Patria and Vicuna. People of Illapel, Quillota, San Felipe, Chimbas, San Juan and Mendoza will have been felt weak shaking of MMI III.
16:33 UTC (local time: 13:33; 2015-10-05 @ epicenter)
- M 4.8 moderate earthquake in Nepal (@ 10 km depth) with epicenter located in Dolakha district. The epicenters are located near Sunkhani along Tamakoshi River. Click for detail report on Dolakha earthquake
07:33 UTC (local time: 13:18; 2015-10-05 @ epicenter)
Recent Flash Floods
- Flooding in Macau
-Torrential rain and strong wind brought by Tropical Storm Mujigae have triggered flooding in Macau.
-At least one person got injured at the University of Macau. Several flights have been delayed.
Recent Volcanic Activity
- Fogo volcano generated Megatsunami
-A team of geologists from Japan, the United States and Europe has found evidence that the sudden collapse of Fogo volcano had generated Megatsunami approximately 73,000 years ago.
-Using cutting-edge rock-dating techniques, the team estimated the tsunami happened 73,000 years ago.
Recent Tropical Cyclones
- Hurricane Joaquin
-At 03:00 UTC, the center of Hurricane Joaquin was located 535 km NNE of Bermuda.
-Joaquin is anticipated to become an extratropical cyclone on Wednesday. Click for detail report on Hurricane Joaquin
Natural Disaster News
- Russian Minister of Emergency Situations Vladimir Puchkov has focused on development of disaster monitoring and forecast systems in 2016 using Russian satellite technologies. According tom him, Russian scientific potential will be used in developing those systems.
Useful information to read this Recent Natural Disasters List October 5, 2015
This natural disaster list contains daily list of natural disasters around the world. The page is break down into various parts as Major Natural Disasters Today (real time update report on rolling major natural disaster around the world), Recent Earthquakes (only earthquakes which are felt by people), Recent Volcanic Activity (erupting volcanoes), Recent Flash Floods (ongoing flood information), Recent Tropical Cyclones (active cyclones) and Natural Disaster News (facts and news about natural/environmental disasters and hazards on various topics like Tornado, Tsunami, Wildfire, Drought, Hailstorm, Heat Wave, Hurricane, Epidemic, Famine, Lahar, Limnic Eruption, Mudflow, Solar Flare and other disasters).
The major natural disasters and catastrophes are linked to definite page containing update report on that disaster and also provides early disaster emergency notification if available.
The global natural disaster data and natural calamities statistics are collected from different sources like USGS, EMSC, GDACS, EDIS and others.